This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijackthis Log -- Please Help!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've run Spyware Doctor a zillion times in the past two weeks and I still keep getting the same junk! The Doctor keeps telling me (every 5 minutes or so that I am online) that I am trying to access some site called jseedcorn.cjt1.net when, in fact, I am just sitting here. I have run the Doctor and managed to kill all kinds of stuff, only to have it right back on my computer the next day – stuff like AdDestroyer and Virtual Bouncer. It doesn't seem to be on there this time (and I did shut the computer down after the last time I ran the Doctor before creating the below log file). Also, I keep getting two error messages whenever my computer starts up: 1) BMan1: Run Time Error '429' ActiveX component can't create object, and 2) Ey3bosx 0: Program has performed an illegal operation, yadda yadda, and it must close.

Knowing a bit about computers, but not enough apparantly, I have managed to find you all, and I hope you can help. Here is the Logfile of HijackThis that I just did.

Thanks in advance for even existing!!

jon novello

——————-

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:06:43 PM, on 3/28/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATICWD32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NEC ASSISTANT\NECBAR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PRODINET\BIN\PIDUNHK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD\MMKEYBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHA1MON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WND.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\STARTER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHMON04.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WORKS SHARED\WKUFIND.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\REAL\UPDATE_OB\REALSCHED.EXE
C:\Program Files\Netropa\Onscreen Display\OSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\DCFSSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\VZVIIR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY\SYSTEM\REMINDER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RunDLL.exe
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\SWDOCTOR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRIS\ANTIVIRUS\WIMMUN32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HP PHOTOSMART\P1000\EREG\REMIND32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WNF.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\KODAK\KODAK EASYSHARE SOFTWARE\BIN\EASYSHARE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\KODAK\KODAK SOFTWARE UPDATER\7288971\PROGRAM\BACKWEB-7288971.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHIPM11.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\E_SICN03.EXE
C:\JON\MAME\HIJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = websearch.drsnsrch.com/q.cgi?q=
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\about.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
F1 - win.ini: run=hpfsched
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\TOOLS\IESDPB.DLL
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\TOOLS\IESDSG.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {66854240-9FD5-11D9-877E-0030BD6DA1E1} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\EY3BOSX0\EY3BOSX0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] c:\windows\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiCwd32] Aticwd32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CallControl 4.5] C:\Program Files\FaxTalk Communicator\FTCtrl32.exe /autoload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Necbar] C:\PROGRAM FILES\NEC ASSISTANT\NECBAR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PiDunHk] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PRODINET\BIN\PIDUNHK.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adaptec DirectCD] C:\Program Files\DirectCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Multimedia Keyboard] C:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Onscreen Display] C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\SYSTOOLS\DELAY32.EXE 2 C:\Program Files\Netropa\Onscreen Display\OSD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EARTHLINK 5.0\CONMGR.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHA1MON] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHA1MON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon04] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHMON04.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD04] "C:\Program Files\HP Photosmart 11\hphinstall\UniPatch\hphupd04.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dcfssvc] c:\windows\System32\Drivers\dcfssvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [¢‰¸ï0 4Ã4}¤Áœ5]C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe] C:\VRXEJT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AUNPS2] RUNDLL32 AUNPS2.DLL,_Run@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EY3BOSX0] \Progra~1\EY3BOSX0\EY3BOSX0.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [qs4R37i] SPRTML.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMan] C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\msw\BMan1.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KavSvc] C:\WINDOWS\vzviir.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [autoupdate] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WINUP2DATE.DLL,SHStart
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Reminder] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\reminder.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYWARE DOCTOR\SWDOCTOR.EXE" /Q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bBv5RXG7X] SHFIPR07.EXE
O4 - Startup: nanr.exe
O4 - Startup: AntiVirus Active Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\iRiS\AntiVirus\WIMMUN32.exe
O4 - Startup: Reminder-hpc40415.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP PhotoSmart\P1000\ereg\Remind32.exe
O4 - Startup: EPSON Status Monitor 3 Environment Check.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\E_SRCV03.EXE
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\backWeb-7288971.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\TOOLS\IESDPB.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Ebates - {6685509E-B47B-4f47-8E16-9A5F3A62F683} - file://C:\PROGRAM FILES\EBATES_MOEMONEYMAKER\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mpeg: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mpg: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\npqtplugin3.dll
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {50F65670-1729-11D2-A51F-0020AFE5D502} (ForumChat) - http://objects.compuserve.com/chat/RTCChat.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/30b628e99dde92…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
Hello Jon, Welcome to TomCoyote forum. If you still need help, please follow these directions.

1) Go to: http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…t.aspx?ln=en-us download all critical updates for your operating system and especially your browser which is in bad shape. You have a nasty infection and will continue to get infected unless you take care of this.

2) Download CCleaner from here: http://www.ccleaner.com/ take the time to review the instruction on the download homepage so you will know how to use the cleaner. I will tell you when to run it.

3) We need to run our big guns for cleaning out malware. Ad-aware and Spybot can get the areas we can't reach with the HJT tool. I am going to give you links to tutorials and it is important that you take the time to review the information, then to download, update, configure exactly as in the tutorials and remove what is suggested in the tutorials. Make notes of anything these two programs can't remove, the exact name and location of the item. Run Spybot first, if you receive any DSO Exploit notifications, ignore them and please do not activate TeaTimer at this time, once you are clean you may activate it. If Spybot removes anything reboot before running Ad-aware SE Personal.
Spybot:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial43.html
Ad-aware:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial48.html

4) Run this free online trojan scan, set it to remove anything it locates. If it finds anything it can not remove, I need to know the exact name and location of that item/items. If you are asked to allow an ActiveX for this, please do so. This program is safe.
http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/

5) Once all of the above instruction are followed, then run CCleaner, restart the computer and post a new log along with any information I asked for and any comments you have.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
Sweet! Thanks so much for responding. I'll do these things and get back with you. I inherited this computer from my dad and I've had nothing but headaches with it since. Hopefully I'll be able to take care of business and stop with the popups! jon
All posts with no replies over 20 days are subject to deletion, if this happens to you, Please post a new log and a description of your problem.
It has beeen more than 30 days with no responce and I will close this topic.
pskelley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI