This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] windows xp- possible malware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hello, I was experiencing some slow performance, so I downloaded a product called Advance System Care and was alerted to many possible infections, so I was presented with a hijack this log, which is what led me here. I then proceeded to follow all the instructions, and downloaded the malwarebytes program, and performed another scan, and am just wondering if I could get one of your volunteers to look at my log and see if I have any malicious infections that I need to worry about. Attatched is my hijackthis log. I really appreciate any help I can get! Thank you! bw1096
Hi walkerrosewood,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

I'm not finding any HijackThis log attached. :unsure:

Please copy paste the HijackThis log here rather than attaching it.

Also, please post the log from Malwarebytes here also.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI