This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help With Trojans

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Daemon. It seems to be running alot better. But I am still having problems reinstalling my Norton anti virus. I followed all the instructions on the Symantec website to completly uninstall, and it still doesn't work. When I try to reinstall it still tells me there is a previous version still there. I used the "Rnav2003.exe" removal utility, that didn't work. Then I followed all the instructions to manually remove all the registry keys and file folders. Do you have any ideas on how I can fix this? Or should I just get another anti virus and forget about trying to reinstall the Norton? Thanks again.
I can't see any evidence of it running in your last log. I did notice you were running AVG as well as Norton - that will slow things down. I actually think AVG would be better than Norton on a Win98 box - uses less resources. Reinstall AVG. Let me know if evrything is OK and I'll close this topic.
Yes Daemon, it seems to be working ok now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I reinstalled the AVG. Thank you very much for you help. Hugs & Kisses ;)
You're welcome - glad we could help :D

To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:

So how did I get infected in the first place?



As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)

The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI