I scanned my computer with housecall and found nothing. I rebooted in safe mode with system restore and scanned with AGV and my computer shut down again. I downloaded and ran Ad-Aware SE. I don't know what else to do. Please help!!
Capricorn 1, I checked out the website and did as was suggested and so far so good. Thanks for all of you help. Tell me why I should never use a registry cleaner?
gm43920
Registry defraggers and registry cleaners promise to speed up your registry and whittle it down to size by eliminating unnecessary and duplicate entries. They also clean up any problems discovered in the registry. While such programs, if used with EXTREME caution, can certainly help to clean out the registry, if used unwisely they can cause severe system instability. I would only recommend the MOST experienced users to EVER make any changes to the Windows registry, and if you are this experienced, you won't need a program to edit the registry. Windows is equipped with regedit. A program that allows you edit the registry manually. This program is reserved for tech savvy computer users and technicians. If you are neither of these, I recommend doing ALOT of reading before you attemp to make any registry changes out side of a spyware program. If you feel that you must edit your registry, and feel that you would like to use a more user friendly program than regedit, I recommend Norton Windoctor. Windoctor flags changes as safe or potentially dangerous. You should implement the "safe" changes and leave potentially risky changes alone. Before using ANY such utility, make sure you have a full system backup. I am a computer repair technician with more than 15 years of experience with the Windows registry, and I fix computers constantly for people who have used registry cleaners and defraggers without knowledge of what they were actually doing. So, believe it or not, I do know what I am talking about.