This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Ie Wants To Activate Active X Every Web Page.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Every single web page asks if I want to run active x controls. It doesn't matter if you say yes or no, it still asks on the next page. I thought I had this fixed when I downloaded win updates because it stopped, but it's doing it again, and I'm at a loss as to how to stop it. Any help would be appreciated. (Running Win XP)
Keep in mind that pop-up blockers, antivirus software, and software firewalls can all make registry changes that directly affect Internet Explorer security settings. My suggestion is to do the simplest thing first (reset your Internet Options security settings to default) and see if that fixes the active X problem. (1) Click the "Tools" tab on your browser and select "Internet Options". (2) In the "Internet Options" dialog box click on the "Security" tab and you'll see four icons (Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites, and Restricted sites). (3) Click on one icon to "highlight" it, click the "Default Level" button, then click the "Apply" button. Do this for all four icons. (4) When you're done, click on "OK" to apply the default settings and close the dialog box. If you continue to get the active X warning after you've rebooted, you'll probably need to adjust settings in your pop-up, antivirus, or firewall software. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI