This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help Please! I Can't Follow Hjt Instructions

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

I previously posted a thread with my HJT logfile and was kindly given a response. Here's the link: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…=0&#entry143153

However, my problem is that I cannot follow the instructions provided because I keep getting the following error:

Explore.EXE-Application Error, "The instruction at "0x0254f065" referenced memory at )x00000000". "The memory could not be written" "Click on OK to terminate the program" "Click on cancel to debug the program"

I get this when I try to access My Computer, Control Panel, Windows Explorer, and when I try to download the Anti-Spyware programs.

I've search around on Google for likely causes and solutions. I've tried running a System Restore and I keep getting a message that it can't restore from the date selected. I've also tried running Start/Run/sfc /scannow.

I'm really clueless about this and heavily rely on what I can find on the web and advice on forums. I'd really appreciate some help here.

Thanks for your time!

Deb

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI