This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Please Check Log

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am posting this log becauce I freely admit I do not know enough to use it by myself. You have a great idea here and your help is appreciated.
My main computer problem is that programs stop working as I am using them. If I go to Task Manager and use Switch To everything is OK and they will work for awhile.
I have received help elsewhere but I am still having problems. All XP updates completed as well as Norton updates. I did a 12 hour Ram check and found no errors. A fresh install of XP has been done twice and the tower cleaned of dust etc. and connections checked. I have checked for Adware,Trojans and Worms using all kinds of programs. I have shut off unnecessary programs. Norton Utilities checks have been done along with XP Defrag and Norton Optimize. This problem existed without Service Pack 2 and when I had XP Pro loaded, all on fresh installs.
I hope the above is not too far off topic.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:19:32 PM, on 3/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\RcMan.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\NISUM.EXE
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\SymProxySvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\NISSERV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\EAX.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Center\RCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\MediaDet.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\OSDMenu.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Utility Programs\HiJack This\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Folder Computer Programs\Adobe\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PREAT IE LightFrame - {43D29D14-460E-4F3A-9037-E60F11EF12F0} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LightFrame3IECOM.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\UTILIT~1\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iamapp] C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\IAMAPP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudCtrl] RunDll32 AudCtrl.dll,RCMonitor
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RemoteCenter] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\RcMan.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Utility Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FUIClearHis] C:\Utility Programs\Fresh UI Tweak\FreshUI\freshui.exe 0 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to MNSI.lnk = ?
O4 - Startup: SpywareBlaster.lnk = C:\Utility Programs\SpyBlaster\SpywareBlaster\spywareblaster.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2A32B14F-4D29-4EA3-AC54-E9B19F436CE7} (Scanner Class) - http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/TDECntrl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1109777233935
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D563EF80-2174-4FA4-9F8E-942368D1C861}: NameServer = 216.8.137.204 216.8.137.203
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Service (NISSERV) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\NISSERV.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Proxy Service (SymProxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Firewall\SymProxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
Hello VE3GIR , welcome to the TC.


I suggest you do this:

Open Spybot S&D, click Mode>Advanced>Tools>Resident and remove the check from the Tea Timer box. You can reinstate it later but we don't want it interfering with what we need to do. Reboot when done.


Run Hijack This again and put a check by these.

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\Userinit.exe

Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"



1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on your hard drive that you wish to clean (C drive, for example)
3. In the context menu that opens, select properties
4. Under the general tab you should select Disk Cleanup
5. Windows will scan your drive which will take a few seconds/minutes
6. A box will display the various files you can remove.
Check all boxes except compress old files (If listed)
7. Click OK and windows will comply.

Restart your computer.

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Thank you for the welcome and help. I usually do keep my hard drive cleaned up.
I have done what you told me to do but it is too soon to see how it is acting.
I will report back later today.
This week I did change a few things trying to repair the problem but it did not help.
I removed Norton Firewall and Virus. I downloaded AVG Free and turned on the MS
Service Pack 2 Firewall. I also turned on SpywareGaurd as I have read it works well with SpyBlaster.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:37:14 AM, on 3/21/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Stardock\SDMCP.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgcc.exe
C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\RcMan.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgamsvr.exe
C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\EAX.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Center\RCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\MediaDet.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\OSDMenu.EXE
C:\Utility Programs\HiJack This\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Richard's Internet
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Folder Computer Programs\Adobe\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: LF_BHO Class - {43D29D14-460E-4F3A-9037-E60F11EF12F0} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LightFrame3IECOM.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudCtrl] RunDll32 AudCtrl.dll,RCMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RemoteCenter] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\RcMan.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FUIClearHis] C:\Utility Programs\Fresh UI Tweak\FreshUI\freshui.exe 0 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
O4 - Startup: Shortcut to MNSI.lnk = ?
O4 - Startup: SpywareBlaster.lnk = C:\Utility Programs\SpyBlaster\SpywareBlaster\spywareblaster.exe
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Utility Programs\Java Runtime\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Utility Programs\Java Runtime\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: ZDelete Auto-Cleaner - {EB7F329E-F14E-48ae-AB69-4E28C492D382} - C:\UTILIT~1\ZDelete\ACTIVE~1\ZDelete.exe (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2A32B14F-4D29-4EA3-AC54-E9B19F436CE7} (Scanner Class) - http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/TDECntrl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1109777233935
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {DC187740-46A9-11D5-A815-00B0D0428C0C} - http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1060/pcpowerscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?326
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D563EF80-2174-4FA4-9F8E-942368D1C861}: NameServer = 216.8.137.204 216.8.137.203
O20 - Winlogon Notify: MCPClient - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Stardock\mcpstub.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\UTILIT~1\AVG\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
I really don't see anything bad in your log, but we can try a few things.

This is what I suggest you do.

Download CWShredder from my signature below. Unzip it on the desktop.
Open CWShredder and with ALL other windows closed, click fix.


Go here and run at least one of the online scans, allow them to delete whatever they find:

TrendMicro HouseCall
eTrust AntiVirus Web Scanner
Panda ActiveScan
Note any thing that can't be fixed
Reboot when done.

Next:

Even if you've already run these, make SURE they're up-to-date and run per instructions.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot V 1.3 and Ad-aware SE Build 1.05 . All are free and available below.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:

Install the program and launch it.

Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode check Perform full system scan.
Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.
Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Thanks for your help. I have done everything you said plus more. I had been using everything before except 2 of your internet scans, E-Trust and Panda.
I had nothing show up on any scans and the computer is still acting the same. I took the time to give it a good long test. I have kept the radio shut off and anything extra from running but it makes no difference.
I removed AVG and reinstalled Norton Anti-virus and Firewall. I shut off XP Firewall. Removing Norton did no good. I had thought it might be using up too much of the resourses.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:29:23 AM, on 3/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\NISUM.EXE
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\SymProxySvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\NISSERV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\RcMan.EXE
C:\Utility Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Utility Programs\Norton\ATRACK.EXE
C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\EAX.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Center\RCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\ShareDLL\MediaDet.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\OSDMenu.EXE
C:\Utility Programs\HiJack This\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Richard's Internet
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Folder Computer Programs\Adobe\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: LF_BHO Class - {43D29D14-460E-4F3A-9037-E60F11EF12F0} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LightFrame3IECOM.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\UTILIT~1\Spybot\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AudCtrl] RunDll32 AudCtrl.dll,RCMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iamapp] C:\Utility Programs\Norton\IAMAPP.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RemoteCenter] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBExtigy\RemoteCenter\Rc\RcMan.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FUIClearHis] C:\Utility Programs\Fresh UI Tweak\FreshUI\freshui.exe 0 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Utility Programs\Spybot\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: Southern California Internet Radio,SCIR.NET.url
O4 - Startup: SpywareBlaster.lnk = C:\Utility Programs\SpyBlaster\SpywareBlaster\spywareblaster.exe
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Utility Programs\SpyWare Guard\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Utility Programs\Java Runtime\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Utility Programs\Java Runtime\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: ZDelete Auto-Cleaner - {EB7F329E-F14E-48ae-AB69-4E28C492D382} - C:\UTILIT~1\ZDelete\ACTIVE~1\ZDelete.exe (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {1F2F4C9E-6F09-47BC-970D-3C54734667FE} (LSSupCtl Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/LSSupCtl.cab
O16 - DPF: {2A32B14F-4D29-4EA3-AC54-E9B19F436CE7} (Scanner Class) - http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/TDECntrl.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2FC9A21E-2069-4E47-8235-36318989DB13} (PPSDKActiveXScanner.MainScreen) - http://ppupdates.ca.com/downloads/scanner/axscanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1109777233935
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} (ActiveDataInfo Class) - http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/SymAData.cab
O16 - DPF: {DC187740-46A9-11D5-A815-00B0D0428C0C} - http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1060/pcpowerscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?326
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Service (NISSERV) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\NISSERV.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager (NISUM) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\NISUM.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPH11 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPHipm11.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\UTILIT~1\Norton\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Personal Firewall Proxy Service (SymProxySvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Utility Programs\Norton\SymProxySvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
The only thing I see in your log is:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FUIClearHis] C:\Utility Programs\Fresh UI Tweak\FreshUI\freshui.exe 0 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

I'm not saying it's bad. I've never used the IU Tweak, so I don't know if the settings are correct.

Have you tried the folks over at PCPitstop?
http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php
Thanks I have not been to PC Pitstop for awhile so I will try it and report back. That XP Tweak stuff is to clear temporary files and history etc. when rebooting. Good news though, the last two days everything seems to be OK. The only changes I made were to add a bunch of programs to my desktop like weather,news checkers and Object Dock Icon launcher. Funny I thought that would make it worse.
Well I went to PC Pitstop and it did not like some of my security settings,so I changed them. It also told me to defrag even though I did it last week. I did it and got my speed back. My drive has 7.54Gb. used and 67.0 free. Upon rechecking everything passed excellent. Anyway no program stopping for almost a week,so I am happy even though I do not really know what fixed everything. Thanks for your interest and help. I just hope everything holds. Richard
Good Job :thumbup:


Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Click Start> My Computer, select the Tools menu and then Folder Options, after the new window appears select the View tab…]
This time select the: Restore Defaults
Select: Apply, and click OK




If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI