This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Explorer Starting Itself

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hi!
I posted another topic: "critical obj will not leave" but didnt get an answer. So I hope this is the right way to try again.

When starting my pc Internet explorer starts itself. I also sometimes have problems starting my computer and other programs…e.g notepad seems to have wanished???dont know why.

I also get the message that my disk is full but I have 2-3Gb of free space.

I downloaded the new ad-aware version and have runned both ad-aware and spyboot 5-6 times allways finding critical objects (each session ended with a reboot)

I really hope someone can help and take a look at my logfile from HJT

thanks

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 18:15:29, on 07.03.2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMA32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSAA.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FCH32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FNRB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSGK32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FIH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\ANTI-VIRUS\FSAV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IRMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\COMPAQ\COMPAQ EAB SOFTWARE\CPQEK.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSM32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\LOGITECH\MOUSEWARE\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\REAL\REALPLAYER\REALPLAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\HJT\HJT NY\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsiden.no/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsiden.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programfiler\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IrMon] irmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cpqek] C:\Programfiler\Compaq\Compaq EAB Software\cpqek.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\LOGITECH\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVComs] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVComS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Programfiler\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MicrosoftMultimediaTask] Mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Machine Debug Manager] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [F-Secure Management Agent] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [fsaa] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\fsaa.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.db105.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.skoobidoo.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted IP range: [removed]
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in Trusted Zone, should be Internet Zone
O16 - DPF: {DD3641E5-A9CF-11D1-9AA1-444553540000} (Surround Video V3.0 Control Object) - http://www.kongehuset.no/svideo3.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab30149.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab30149.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {EAAB55CB-9D6E-457A-A10B-4AAEC8317CFC} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/Live…ervice_8_EN.cab
O16 - DPF: {9CCE3B43-4DE0-4236-A84E-108CA848EE6A} (WebCam Control) - http://www.webcamnow.com/broadcast/ActiveXWebCam.cab
O16 - DPF: {AD7FAFB0-16D6-40C3-AF27-585D6E6453FD} (loader Class) - http://juicyland.com/cab/loader.cab
Hello snatch , Welcome to the forum.

This is what I suggest you do.

Download CWShredder from my signature below. Unzip it on the desktop.
Open CWShredder and with ALL other windows closed, click fix.


Go here and run at least one of the online scans, allow them to delete whatever they find:

TrendMicro HouseCall
eTrust AntiVirus Web Scanner
Panda ActiveScan
Note any thing that can't be fixed
Reboot when done.

Next:

Even if you've already run these, make SURE they're up-to-date and run per instructions.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot V 1.3 and Ad-aware SE Build 1.05 . All are free and available below.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:

Install the program and launch it.

Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode check Perform full system scan.
Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.
Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Hi. Thank you for helping me with my computer problems! I followed your instructions. CWShredder found nothing. I ran the Panda ActiveScan. Spybot found 10 entries that couldnt be fixed but Spybot found nothing when it performed the scan after reboot (I answered yes on the question about running on next reboot to get rid of the entries that couldnt be deleted). I ran adaware and fixed all the selected problems.

How my computer behaves:
Every time I start my computer explorer starts itself on some site. If I let it connect to this site my computer crashes. What I have to do to use my computer now is to manually end internet explorer when I start my computer (ctrl-alt-delete and end the task Internet Explorer). when pressing ctrl-alt-delete I also find a prossess along with the IE called IExplore, I dont know what that is. When turning my computer off it almost every time crashes and I have to cut the electricity. It feels like my computer runs slow. I have almost no free disk space and seem to have lost some programs (cant find notepad.exe).

Please ignore my bad english :)

Thanks again for helping!



Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 18:37:12, on 04.04.2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMA32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSAA.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMB32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FCH32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FNRB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSGK32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FIH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\ANTI-VIRUS\FSAV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IRMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\COMPAQ\COMPAQ EAB SOFTWARE\CPQEK.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSM32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\LOGITECH\MOUSEWARE\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\REAL\REALPLAYER\REALPLAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\HJT\HJT NY\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsiden.no/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsiden.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programfiler\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IrMon] irmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cpqek] C:\Programfiler\Compaq\Compaq EAB Software\cpqek.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\LOGITECH\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVComs] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVComS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Programfiler\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MicrosoftMultimediaTask] Mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Machine Debug Manager] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [F-Secure Management Agent] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [fsaa] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\fsaa.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.db105.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.skoobidoo.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted IP range: [removed]
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in Trusted Zone, should be Internet Zone
O16 - DPF: {DD3641E5-A9CF-11D1-9AA1-444553540000} (Surround Video V3.0 Control Object) - http://www.kongehuset.no/svideo3.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…StatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab30149.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab30149.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {80DD2229-B8E4-4C77-B72F-F22972D723EA} (AvxScanOnline Control) - http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie/bitdefender.cab
O16 - DPF: {EAAB55CB-9D6E-457A-A10B-4AAEC8317CFC} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binaries/Live…ervice_8_EN.cab
O16 - DPF: {9CCE3B43-4DE0-4236-A84E-108CA848EE6A} (WebCam Control) - http://www.webcamnow.com/broadcast/ActiveXWebCam.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
I'm attaching Notepad.zip. You'll need to unzip it.

I suggest you do this:

Run HijackThis again and put a check by these.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXM6Patch_981116] C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe /Q:A

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Programfiler\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MicrosoftMultimediaTask] Mmtask.exe

O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.db105.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.skoobidoo.com (HKLM)
O15 - Trusted IP range: [removed]
O15 - ProtocolDefaults: 'http' protocol is in Trusted Zone, should be Internet Zone

ALL 016's. They'll come back if needed,


Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"





Restart in Safe Mode:
Restart your computer.

Press the F8 key until the startup menu appears.

Choose the Safe Mode option then press Enter.



Search for and delete these files if listed:
IExplore
C:\WINDOWS\p_981116.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MMTASK.EXE


To configure Windows to show all files

Do the following:
In Windows, on the Windows desktop, double-click the My Computer icon.

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
On the View tab, uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.

Uncheck Hide protected operating system files. Then, under the "Hidden files" folder, click Show hidden files and folders.
If you see a warning message, click Yes.
Click Apply.
Click OK.




Do this also if these Temp Folders are part of your OS.

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.


Next navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\(EVERY LISTED USER)\Local Settings\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.


Empty the Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Attachments:

I did what u told me to but didnt find the c:\documents and settings\……..\temp folder but found another temp folder c:\windows\temp and deleted everything there.

In safe mode I deleted the files you asked me to but when searching for IExplore I found four different files. I deleted the files: IExplore.exe, IExplore.LGC, IExplore.CHM and IExplore.HLP

I guess I deleted my Internet Explorer because my IE was gone when I restarted. (Luckily I also have Opera on my computer :) )

The problem with Internet Explorer starting is gone

Every time I am starting my computer I also get this message from F-Secure Management Agent (both before and after you helping me)." The message sais: There was an unsuccessful attempt to change to previous polisy version" is anything trying to override F-Secure? or is this a negligible message?

Dont know what I had done without you guys! :)

My HJT log is below

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 01:25:39, on 05.04.2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMA32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSAA.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMB32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FCH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FNRB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSGK32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FIH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\ANTI-VIRUS\FSAV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IRMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\COMPAQ\COMPAQ EAB SOFTWARE\CPQEK.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSM32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\LOGITECH\MOUSEWARE\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\HJT\HJT NY\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsiden.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programfiler\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IrMon] irmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cpqek] C:\Programfiler\Compaq\Compaq EAB Software\cpqek.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\LOGITECH\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVComs] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVComS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Machine Debug Manager] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [F-Secure Management Agent] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [fsaa] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\fsaa.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted IP range: 81.211.105.20
Download DelDomains.inf
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/DelDomains.inf

Right-click and select….. Save Target As….Save

To use: Right-click and select……. Install (no need to restart)
**Note** This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone"


Post a new HJT log.


Here's the link to get Internet Explorer if you want it.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downlo…p1/default.mspx
hi. downloaded Deldomains.inf to my desktop and right-clicked and selected install. I dont know if anything happened? Anyway here is my new HJT log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 08:58:21, on 05.04.2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMA32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSAA.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSMB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FCH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FNRB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSGK32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FIH32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\ANTI-VIRUS\FSAV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IRMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\COMPAQ\COMPAQ EAB SOFTWARE\CPQEK.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\F-SECURE\COMMON\FSM32.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\LOGITECH\MOUSEWARE\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVCOMS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAMFILER\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\HJT\HJT NY\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startsiden.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Programfiler\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IrMon] irmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cpqek] C:\Programfiler\Compaq\Compaq EAB Software\cpqek.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\LOGITECH\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVComs] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LVComS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Machine Debug Manager] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MDM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [F-Secure Management Agent] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [fsaa] C:\Programfiler\F-Secure\Common\fsaa.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
It did. This is the one we were after. Now it's gone. O15 - Trusted IP range: [removed] I'm at work so it'll be about 6 more hrs. Before I can post back. How is it running?
My computer seem to work ok most of the time now, but when I close down Internet Explorer I sometimes get a message about an error in KERNEL32.DLL I also sometimes have problems turning off my computer, it freezes so that I in the end have to cut the power. I know my computer is not the fastest on the market but still I feel it works a bit slow. This might just be because its old, I dont know. I really appriciate all the help you give me! thanks!!!
Hi. I have been very busy lately and havent been able to answer. I downloaded the windows update but still have the same problems and maybe more. Sometimes my Internet Explorer just shuts down. My screen then sometimes just turn blue and I have to cut off the power. I get errors like error in KERNEL32.DLL and Acord32. I feel I have too many running prosesses (went to a page and read someting about prosesses like winampa and Mdm (trojans or viruses???) both of them are running at my computer, but didnt quite understand what they are). I am also loosing memory. I have an external harddrive which at my computer shows no free memory (0kb???) but when I tried it at another computer I had something like 4GB. Dont know if you can help me whit this or what you can see from the HJT log, but at least I hope you can give me some kind of advise. Thanks for any help!
After doing the below, I suggest you visit the folks at PC Pitstop for the issues you are having.
http://pcpitstop.ibforums.com/index.php



Good Job :thumbup:

Looks good :D :thumbup:


Do the following:
In Windows, on the Windows desktop, double-click the My Computer icon.

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
On the View tab, check Hide file extensions for known file types.

Then, under the "Hidden files" folder, uncheck Show hidden files and folders.

Click Apply.
Click OK.
hi! thank you for all the help you have given me. But I didnt totally understand your last post. Is it possible for you to tell if my computer still is infected with anything or not? Is the problems I have due to missing updates or something else? Did you want me to run the test at pcpitstop and post the results here? I didnt quite understand what you wanted me to do at that site. sorry for asking so many stupid questions :oops:
I far as I can see, your log is free of Spyware / Malware. It sounds like you have some hardware / software issues. The folks at PC Pitstop are trained in hardware issues more then I am. I'll give you a little program to run and maybe that will fix the internet explorer error. Other then that, PC Pitstop should be able to check your pc out. Run their test and post the results in their forum. Good luck :thumbup:


here's the IE fix program.

If you download and double click on this small app, it will restore all the default search fuctions for IE.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/IEFIX.reg
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI