This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Hacked? What Can A Person Do About It?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have a friend who thinks his computer is hacked and by what he is telling me, I don't doubt it for a minute. What can he do other than a complete reinstall? The person who has done this has subscribed him to virtually every porn site on the net but they are also, apparently, placing all sorts of porn in his computer including movie files. What's his recourse? He says he is using a firewall but I don't know which one it is? Thanks!!
OK, thanks! I take it the log should be posted in the Hijack log thread, though, right? I told him to come here two days ago but I think he is so bewildered by what has happened to him that he's just come to a hault with everything. Poor guy, he's got a net business as well. :o