nottrikk
Topic Starter
Hi, I have a spyware problem and no amount of work on my part seems to be doing any good.
I have tried:
CWShredder (newest version V.2.00)
Adaware (downloaded newest version)
Spybot S&D (newest vesion, checked for updates)
Cleanup 312 (again downloaded newest version)
Added doubleclick and AdFarm addresses to my restricted list in IE
And this piece of Malware or Spyware (or whatever it is) is buried in like a tick.
I'm running Win 98 with all latest security patches
I forgot to mention that whenever I try and click on www.ebay.co.uk, it re-directs me through Adfarm.Mediaplex, then onto Doubleclick and finally to a site that looks like ebay, but I'm not familiar with the name (it certainly isn't http://www.ebay.co.uk) It's starting to affect my viewing of other sites too. Hotmail is starting to screw up. Also, the computer has been slowing down lately, taking longer and longer to boot up.
My HijackThis logfile is as follows:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: ZoneAlarm.lnk = C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
O16 - DPF: {AE9DCB17-F804-11D2-A44A-0020182C1446} (IntraLaunch.MainControl) - file://G:\supercd\IntraLaunch.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://fdl.msn.com/public/chat/msnchat45.cab
O16 - DPF: {E855A2D4-987E-4F3B-A51C-64D10A7E2479} (EPSImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/activex/EPSControl_v1-32.cab
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003120…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E8D0700-75DF-11D3-8B4A-0008C7450C4A} (DjVuCtl Class) - http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/…trolLite_KR.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.com/players/play365.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3DFA998-A486-11D4-AA25-00C04F72DAEB} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://sc.groups.msn.com/controls/PhotoUC/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/0831350a470967…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
Someone, Please help, I'm tearing my hair out over this and there isn't much left.
Many thanks
Mark S.
I have tried:
CWShredder (newest version V.2.00)
Adaware (downloaded newest version)
Spybot S&D (newest vesion, checked for updates)
Cleanup 312 (again downloaded newest version)
Added doubleclick and AdFarm addresses to my restricted list in IE
And this piece of Malware or Spyware (or whatever it is) is buried in like a tick.
I'm running Win 98 with all latest security patches
I forgot to mention that whenever I try and click on www.ebay.co.uk, it re-directs me through Adfarm.Mediaplex, then onto Doubleclick and finally to a site that looks like ebay, but I'm not familiar with the name (it certainly isn't http://www.ebay.co.uk) It's starting to affect my viewing of other sites too. Hotmail is starting to screw up. Also, the computer has been slowing down lately, taking longer and longer to boot up.
My HijackThis logfile is as follows:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\MINILOG.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Palm\HOTSYNC.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: ZoneAlarm.lnk = C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
O16 - DPF: {AE9DCB17-F804-11D2-A44A-0020182C1446} (IntraLaunch.MainControl) - file://G:\supercd\IntraLaunch.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://fdl.msn.com/public/chat/msnchat45.cab
O16 - DPF: {E855A2D4-987E-4F3B-A51C-64D10A7E2479} (EPSImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/activex/EPSControl_v1-32.cab
O16 - DPF: {C2FCEF52-ACE9-11D3-BEBD-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec RuFSI Registry Information Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003120…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E8D0700-75DF-11D3-8B4A-0008C7450C4A} (DjVuCtl Class) - http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/…trolLite_KR.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC05BC12-2AA2-4AC7-AC81-0E40F83B1ADF} (Live365Player Class) - http://www.live365.com/players/play365.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3DFA998-A486-11D4-AA25-00C04F72DAEB} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://sc.groups.msn.com/controls/PhotoUC/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/0831350a470967…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
Someone, Please help, I'm tearing my hair out over this and there isn't much left.
Many thanks
Mark S.