Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Do You Believe This!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Trpm

Trpm

Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:38 PM

I found this over at Computing.Net in two seperate posts.
Comment:

I need help removing searchv from my system
This is what scanned:

Response Number 1
Reply:

Go here for a tutorial on your Log file:
http://www.spywarein...ogtutorial.html

Then you can fix it yourself.

Response Number 2
Reply:

BTW, get rid of all the 013's and 019's. Check the links for the R items. Get rid of any R13's (didn't see any there). That's a quickie. It's worth visiting the link above and printing yourself a copy of the "cheat sheet".

Another answer from a member in a different post. (The only answer)
Reply:

You should read your own logs. Post here if there are bits of the log you don't understand after reading the log software instruction manual

The thing that bothers me is no one corrected these Bozo's.
The poster's are probably Fubaring their PC's.
These are the links.
http://www.computing...rum/153017.html
http://www.computing...orum/55017.html

Trpm :(

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 iceblue

iceblue

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:37 PM

:D Computing.net does require a large number of competent helpers to handle the incoming load. There are a small number of competent helpers but it does fall short of the workload, and any assistance would be appreciated. :D
iceblue
Spyware Warrior Forum
Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor and written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.Posted Image

#3 Trpm

Trpm

Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:20 PM

iceblue, Point well taken. :) Trpm

#4 iceblue

iceblue

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:18 AM

Thanks Trpm.

To give a quick update on that situation:
Computing.Net now has three helpers in the classroom that I know of,
which will improve the baseline a little.

But still at present, the existing quality of help relies on the replier who first picks up that post. Often some of the replies are miserably inappropriate.......sighs....

I would be delighted for any competent helper who would like to spend some time on the logs to trek on over to Computing.Net security and virus forum and pitch in. You will be very welcome. :D

And anyone who wants to train up in log analysis - You will get PLENTY of practise over there and will learn very fast!!! You will already be better than some who post " Then you can fix it yourself. " and " You should read your own logs." :rofl:

And then there are the good guys like Abnormal, who today used some cutting edge tools to help a victim,
and who should have the last word.

I learned from others at forums like this,
some links, and info at the homepage.
When I came here, I did not know how to
copy and paste. Helping others, I learn
something new every day.

Computing.net security post 8629

Thanks again, Trpm, and all, for your time.
Ice
iceblue
Spyware Warrior Forum
Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor and written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.Posted Image

#5 iceblue

iceblue

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:37 AM

:D :D :D I just saw you posting there.... You are a CHAMP ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
iceblue
Spyware Warrior Forum

#6 iceblue

iceblue

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:50 PM

Thanks also, to Mark2a for putting in time over there. every piece of input is greatly appreciated; :thumbup: and the quality of responses from these guys has the locals jaws agape. :D :D They are now believing what they are seeing. If I have missed anyone with input there; give me a yell... and thanks again.
iceblue
Spyware Warrior Forum

#7 Trpm

Trpm

Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 12:56 AM

iceblue, Thanks for the ego boost, but I'm not far from still being wet behind the ears when compared to most of the people that are helping in these forums. Have a nice day. :) Trpm

#8 mark2

mark2

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:06 AM

Again, thanks for the compliments Iceblue, now I just need to work out how to keep track of where I have responded with help. :(

#9 iceblue

iceblue

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 02:49 AM

It's a fully manual system. :o Click on the 'add message to my computing.net list' at the top of a reply...or on the screen after a confirmed reply is sent. Find My Computing.Net in the left hand side bar and click it.....wait... Scroll down 4 or 5 kilometres. Make sure 'Show all messages is clicked' and voila...there they are... and a hidden message system as well.... :ph34r: hth :D Ice
iceblue
Spyware Warrior Forum

#10 mark2

mark2

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 12:48 PM

We're sooo spoilt here :D

#11 iceblue

iceblue

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 07:27 PM

:D Sometimes it feels like a luxury resort here; where I can come and unwind from the coalface over there, lol. Whole different ball game! :P dave38 has been spotted there also; Onya mate! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
iceblue
Spyware Warrior Forum