This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

What Are Hosts Files?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all - WinME I truly hate to seem so very dense, but, although I have looked them up and read about them, I *really* don't understand exactly what they are, how they work and, why/when would you need one. :huh: I have had a few people tell me I should have a HOSTS file, but, I don't like the idea of doing something without knowing what and why it is/does. <_< I would really appreciate it if someone would explain to me in just plain laymans terms what this is and what it does. I just can't seem to make any real sense of it. :unsure: Best regards, Tink :wavey:
Hi Coyote! Thank you very much for the link. It was indeed very easy to understand and very well explained. Even for me! :D I very much appreciate your time and help. I'm off to be a HOSTS-ess! Tink :wavey: