Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Anybody Get Any Really Kewl Christmas Presents?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Being able to climb out of bed on any given day.

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:57 AM

;=) Just checkin'...... I gave out 2 lumps of coal in an old sock and got back three!! Snapdraggin enlightened me in a forum thread how to maximize RAM..TY Snapper...Iam still runnin'!!!! lol........ getsteppin
MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:30 AM

http://vstef.softnews.ro/ramdef.php Ram Def (free program to clean out your fragmented memory as windows forgets to release memory from programs exiting)

I got a 17" flat screen monitor and now I run Dual MOnitors on this computer
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#3 snapdragin

snapdragin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Computer security, Graphics/Art, Music

Posted 10 January 2004 - 07:21 PM

Hi getsteppin :)

i just showed you the Startup List and how you could free up some resources - i am still learning from the Master's here so i'm gonna borrow that link Coyote posted. :D

..humm...i got blank CD's :rofl: (now i gotta find the time to back things up on them) :rofl:

Edited by snapdragin, 10 January 2004 - 07:21 PM.

#4 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 12:54 AM

http://vstef.softnews.ro/ramdef.php  Ram Def  (free program to clean out your fragmented memory as windows forgets to release memory from programs exiting)

I got a 17" flat screen monitor and now I run Dual MOnitors on this computer

........Coyote, this year you will need 2 monitors just to keep up..... ;)

TY for the link to the defrag prog.....Does it do a better job than the MS defrag/analyze prog which comes with XP?

Iam not one to load the unessentials on the back of the 'puter if I dont need it...know what I mean....?

getsteppin
MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com

#5 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:08 AM

Hi getsteppin :)

i just showed you the Startup List and how you could free up some resources - i am still learning from the Master's here so i'm gonna borrow that link Coyote posted.  :D

..humm...i got blank CD's  :rofl: (now i gotta find the time to back things up on them)  :rofl:

Hi Snapper-

Hey, don't underestimate the info. So Freely Given....The advice you gave worked Great...A Big improvement!!

rofl......You gonna' download some NAPSTER tunes with your Christmas presents :rofl: ??

I tried backing up "D" drive with one of MY Christmas presents..it wouldnt fit...lol....prehaps "soft" coal? :rofl:

I willl use that link from Coyote, see what happens...if you dont hear from me in the next 6 monthes...call me at>> # 127.29.621 :blink:....lol

Have A Good One

getstteppin

#6 tashi

tashi

Forum God

• Root Admin
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:52 AM

getsteppin

Does it do a better job than the MS defrag/analyze prog which comes with XP?

I sure hope it does because I don't think much of the XP defrag ;)
Thanks coyote for the link.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2016. Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018. Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-