Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Repeated Windows Updates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robm447_*

Guest_robm447_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

I have tried the Microsoft Forum where several other people have the same problem, but none of the solutions offered solved the matter for me. When I download KB837009 (I have tried many times from the Windows Update page and the Microsoft download site), I get the message that it has been successfully installed. However, it is not to be seen in the Add/Remove programs and is not listed elsewhere e.g. in Belarc. When I run FIND, it appears as that odd program icon ( the blue, white and red disk shape with the open yellow box in front of it - no doubt it has a name but obviously signifies a program that is waiting to be installed). When I right click and try Open, I get the message that this update requires Outlook Express SP1 to be installed. When I attempt to download the latter by various routes, I get the message that the IE6 SP1 needs to be installed. The IE6 SP1 does appear in the add/remove programs and I have tried reinstalling SP1 to see if that wretched KB837009 can at last be installed properly. But no... and the cycle just repeats itself. None of the official Microsoft articles addressed the issue so, I would much appreciate if any kind soul could help. I am running Windows 98SE and my IE version is listed as 6.0.2800.11061S. Thanks in advance. Rob

Advertisements

Register to Remove