Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Persistant Page Jacker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Materene TR

Materene TR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

Since I haven't read any post on the help logs for this particular hijacker I thought I would throw this info out and maybe someone has ran across it also. Got a Page jacker that loads on boot and can be changed back to your default page without a problem. Except of course when you reboot your machine. The page is titled SearchBest and list the IP in the registry. I have done all the usual things like deleting and such but the loading program is buried somewhere and I can't seem to find it. No tools have been able to destroy it even when they see it. Has anyone any input on this particular one ? I could just reinstall my system without much heartache , but I would like to know where this thing is hiding just for the future . Tom

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:41 PM

Download hijackthis to its own folder C:/HJT for example. Extrat the zip file to that folder. Then close all browseer windows, open hijackthis and click on scan. Once the scan has completed click on Save Log, this will produce a text file log. Highlight all of the information from in that text box then right click and copy. Come back to this post you made and click on "add reply" at the bottom right and a new window will open. Paste the hijackthis log into the new window hit add reply in that new window.

HJT download >>> http://www.softpedia.../10-17-69.shtml

#3 Materene TR

Materene TR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:15 PM

I have the log you requested, a little confused by the DO NOT POST a log file on this forum. Should I go to the area for the posting ?? Tom

#4 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:51 PM

Post you log in this forum

http://forums.tomcoy...hp?showforum=27