This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Please Help!

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Lets redo these. You still have that R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - ~CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file) that doesn't want to go away :rant2:


Open CWShredder and with ALL other windows closed, click fix.


Go here and run online scans (all), allow them to delete whatever they find:

TrendMicro HouseCall
eTrust AntiVirus Web Scanner
Panda ActiveScan
Note any thing that can't be fixed
Reboot when done.

Next:

Even if you've already run these, make SURE they're up-to-date and run per instructions.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot V 1.3 and Ad-aware SE Build 1.05 . All are free and available below.


Spybot:

Install the program and launch it.

Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode check Perform full system scan.
Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.
Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Is there anything else I should do? I posted my last log but did not get a response. Is there a way for me to reinstall MsAfee Security Center without physically having the software?
No problem :D When finished: Empty Recycle Bin Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread. Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
I just finished running the first virus scan you recommended (housecall) and still have 65 uncleanable infected files that all start with TROJ. None came up that were cleanable. Everytime I run spybot search and destroy or my Earthlink spyware scan files are detected, I attempt to clean them and they come right back. Should I continue with the other scans? ang
Most all of them said they were located in C:/ Documents&Settings. One said TROJ Startpad.kf in documents & settings. There were many that said TROJ Swizzor. with different numbers and letters. Most all in documents and settings.
The scan is complete and has identified 202 viruses. There is a log in the notebook but it sure is long. I tried to copy just the viruses found in the lower part of the screen but it wont copy. Should I send you the whole log in the notepad? ang
80577 files were scanned. I think they are all in the log. It is so huge I am having trouble trying to break it down and post. I'll keep trying. Is there a way to just post the viruses that were detected or an easier way to post the log? The whole thing won't take so select all won't work. When I start to highlight parts of it to post, it hardly moves there is so much. Please let me know if there is a better way to do this. Thank you, ang
Lets do the online scans again. They have to clean most of these.
If one bombs out, go to the next one.

Go here and run online scans (all), allow them to delete whatever they find:

TrendMicro HouseCall
eTrust AntiVirus Web Scanner
Panda ActiveScan
Note any thing that can't be fixed
Reboot when done.
I've done thehousecall scan twice (once just before I did this last scan) and both times it found only uncleanable viruses. I will try the other ones but this is the third time I've done them and they have only given me uncleanable infected files. Now that my McAfee is not working properly (since I removed things from Hijack this) do you think more viruses are getting in? I don't feel like these virus scans are doing any good. How do you clean uncleanable viruses? Should I still try ti post the log from the last scan?
Lets have a new log. When you do those scans try and make a note of where they list the files to be. We can manually remove them. "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI