This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hjt Log

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I've just deleted Viewpoint media player, which I believe is some kind of Spyware, and now found Windows Adservice. Please can you help me check my system properly. Here is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 19:14:10, on 11/01/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\passrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Firewall\PavFires.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\psimsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\apvxdwin.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\SRVLOAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\wanadoo\wanadooconnectionkit\atdialler1.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\WebProxy.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.supanet.com/search/iepanel/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.supanet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SupaStatus] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\Status.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Wanadoo Connection Kit.lnk = C:\wanadoo\wanadooconnectionkit\atdialler1.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.supanet.com/
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/16c08fc4283c7e…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1099616280328
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{92B93247-68F6-4C94-BE52-09F1582454D5}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda Antispam Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\passrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Firewall Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Firewall\PavFires.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Imanager Service - Panda Software Internacional - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\psimsvc.exe

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Hello Bruma, Welcome to TomCoyote forum, Work with me a little on this one please.

I've just deleted Viewpoint media player, which I believe is some kind of Spyware

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/libra…yer/index.phtml
http://computercops.biz/startuplist-4102.html
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=13470

and now found Windows Adservice


I do not see this item in the log, can you tell me where you saw it? In a scan by Spybot? Perhaps it removed it. Your log does not look bad, let's cover a few more things.

I am guessing this is your ISP? https://www.freeserve.com

This stuff looks like ISP also? If you do not use it you may remove it with HijackThis.
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.supanet.com/search/iepanel/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.supanet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer
(here the connection wizard is shown as running, not sure why? If you need this to connect, and I am wrong about the ISP, then leave this.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SupaStatus] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\Status.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.supanet.com/

The connection information in the log is a tad confusing. You can remove any of the above stuff IF you do not use it. Some feedback will help me understand. If you do not know how to remove items with HijackThis, you will learn now. The item I am removing is Netster which is considered a Hostile ActiveX. Use the same method to remove stuff if you wish it gone, just be careful you know what you are removing if you use it again without advice. Both bad and good are in to log, so be careful. It may be well to post back if you have any DOUBTS.

Technically, Netster is the only valid malware in your log.

REMOVAL
Scan with HijackThis and put a check in front of this item:

O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/16c08fc4283c7e…ip/RdxIE601.cab
Comments: Netster
Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows and click on "Fix Checked"

Run cleanmgr and allow windows to remove what it locates, then enpty the recycle bin and restart the computer. Use the two links below to stay in this thread, post a new log with your comments. A last look is in order, if it is still clean, I will have great information to help you stay that way.
When replying to your topic, please use the
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/style_images/1/t_reply.gif
button NOT the
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/style_images/1/t_new.gif
button.

Here is some information that may come in handy at some point:
SP2 CD
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa…us/default.mspx
What you should know
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Classroom Advanced
If you get help here consider a donation:
http://tomcoyote.com/donate.php
Hello pskelley,

Thank you for helping me.

I found Windows Adservice in my c:\program files folder. There is a folder called Windows Adservice in there and in it is a file called WinAdMaster.dll. I know it doesn't show on the log, but I think something's there on my computer. Shall I just delete the Windows Adservice folder?

Yes, freeserve (Wanadoo) is my ISP. The other stuff supanet is the internet provider came with my computer and was only used a few days, I don't use it any more.

I don't know why the connection wizard is running, but I have had problems on occasion with the Wanadoo connection. I wonder if this is something to do with that?

I removed the Netster line from the log, but as you suggested, thought I'd re-check with you about the other stuff before I removed it. I also ran cleanmgr.

Here is my new log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 22:24:38, on 15/01/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\passrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Firewall\PavFires.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\psimsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\wanadoo\wanadooconnectionkit\atdialler1.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\SRVLOAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\WebProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.supanet.com/search/iepanel/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.supanet.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SupaStatus] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\Status.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Wanadoo Connection Kit.lnk = C:\wanadoo\wanadooconnectionkit\atdialler1.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.supanet.com/
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1099616280328
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{92B93247-68F6-4C94-BE52-09F1582454D5}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda Antispam Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\passrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Firewall Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Firewall\PavFires.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Imanager Service - Panda Software Internacional - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\psimsvc.exe

Thanks again,
Bruma
Hello Bruma,

I found Windows Adservice in my c:\program files folder. There is a folder called Windows Adservice in there and in it is a file called WinAdMaster.dll. I know it doesn't show on the log, but it's there on my computer. Shall I just delete the Windows Adservice folder?


Without being about to see this item I cannot advise you to delete it. It could be a valid program. What you can do for me is go back to the item and write down the exact name and location, perhaps check in properties for some way we can validate if it is bad. When I have that information, I will consult with experts above me for how to proceed. We do not want to rush to judgement and damage your computer.

Yes, freeserve (Wanadoo) is my ISP. The other stuff supanet is the internet provider came with my computer and was only used a few days, I don't use it any more.


You may use HJT to remove these items since you no longer use them. Follow the example you used to delete the Netster item earlier:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.supanet.com/search/iepanel/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.supanet.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SupaStatus] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard\Status.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.supanet.com/

I don't know why the connection wizard is running, but I have had problems on occasion with the Wanadoo connection. I wonder if this is something to do with that?


This would be something I would take up with your ISP as soon as possible.

Would you run the computer for a while, looking for any issues, then give me feedback concerning how it is performing.
I am also researching Windows AdService as we speak, but do need to know the exact location and spelling.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Classroom Advanced
Hello again

OK, here is the location of it with the exact spellings (case sensitive):

C:\Program Files\Windows AdService\WinAdMaster.dll

There is only this one file in the Windows AdService folder. I've searched my computer and cannot find WinAdServ.exe, so I don't know what this means. When I found the folder on my system I did a search on the net and saw it was undesirable…

Properties for the folder - C:\Program Files\Windows AdService

Type - File Folder
Location - C:\Program Files
Contains 1 File
Created 8 Dec 2004
Read Only

Properties for file - C:\Program Files\Windows AdService\WinAdMaster.dll

Type - Application extension
Opens with - Unknown application
Location - C:\Program Files\Windows AdService
Size - 60.5 KB (61.952 bytes), Size on disc - 64.0 KB (65.536 bytes)
Created - 8 Dec 2004
Accessed - 16 Jan 2005
Attributes - Archive.

I hope this helps and isn't overkill!

This would be something I would take up with your ISP as soon as possible.

I will do thanks.

Would you run the computer for a while, looking for any issues, then give me feedback concerning how it is performing.

Of course. Is there anything in particular I'm looking for because otherwise I might miss it. I deleted the 4 lines you just gave me and everything seems to be working fine right now.

Best regards, Bruma
Ok, sorry if I am overly cautious. I just removed the same item in another log, but the stuff was obvious in the log. Something must have removed it and left just the .dll. Delete the folder:

C:\Program Files\Windows AdService\ >>> folder

Then post one more log for a final check.
Thanks…pskelley
Ok, I deleted it and everything seems fine. Here's my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 02:11:30, on 16/01/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\passrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Firewall\PavFires.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\psimsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\AVENGINE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\mHotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\wanadoo\wanadooconnectionkit\atdialler1.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\SRVLOAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\WebProxy.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] mHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Wanadoo Connection Kit.lnk = C:\wanadoo\wanadooconnectionkit\atdialler1.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1099616280328
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC…n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda Antispam Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\passrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Firewall Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\Firewall\PavFires.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service - Unknown - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Imanager Service - Panda Software Internacional - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum Internet Security\psimsvc.exe

Bruma
OK Bruma, Your log is looking good. :D Good job doing the malware repair. There may be an item or so running at startup that you don't need. Here are some good links to lean more about what is running on your computer:
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
http://computercops.biz/StartupList.html
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
Careful not to turn off anything that needs to run, like Panda, firewall, if you are not 100% sure leave it run,

Here also are is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to keep you clean and safe online.
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=3051
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Classroom Advanced
If you get help here consider a donation:
http://tomcoyote.com/donate.php
If you are reading this information…thank a teacher, If you are reading it in English…thank a soldier.
You are so welcome, it is only because folks like the great folks here at TomCoyote had the patience to teach me a little that I can help others. If you ever wish to learn more about this battle again this evil, to learn more about protecting your own computer or even helping other, simply contact any of the Classroom member via a PM and they will direct you. All training is free and requires only your efforts to be successful. Good luck and safe surfing…pskelley
Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for e-mail)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI