Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Kodak Transfer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 homey2

homey2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:49 PM

Hi all, I know this probably isn't the place, but people on this site seem to know more than anyone else; and I'm stumped! Problem in a nutshell, digital camera comes with software and USB cable(Kodak), load software as instructed pictures won't transfer from camera to computer. Uninstall software, re-install software, same thing. Install software onto different PC, everthing works fine. Details: Original PC is win98(mine is win Me) Play music cd's on original, sound bumpy(both cd-rom and burner), like there scratched. Play cd's on my pc sound fine. Question: could the kodak software be in conflict with windows media player?(I have the software on my pc and everything seems to work fine) Could it be the usb ports? Is there a way of checking that the usb ports are actually working? Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, homey2

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:32 PM

have you tried checking in device manager, all the way to bottom Universal Serial Bus controllers. make sure no exclamation points, question marks appearing. then right click on Host Controller itself click properties, then driver, then driver details, make sure drivers are installed for the usb.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 homey2

homey2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

Hi Shelf Life, I checked in the device manager and there is no USB controllers. I think that may be the problem eh? Any ideas on how to get them on the system? I'll try reloading windows but other than that I don't have a glue..-)

#4 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:12 AM

yes, could be problem. heres a link to a helpful site/FAQ/troubleshooting usb etc.
http://www.usbman.com/
you could also find info on MS for windoze os
http://support.micro.....en-us;Q310575
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#5 homey2

homey2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:40 AM

Hi Shelf Life, I had a thought that maybe instead of starting at the end, I should start at the beginning. So I went into the bios at start up and checked to see if the usb drivers were disabled, and guess what? They were. End of story. Thanks very much for your help, it got me thinking in the right direction. Cheers, Homey2