This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Kodak Transfer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all, I know this probably isn't the place, but people on this site seem to know more than anyone else; and I'm stumped! Problem in a nutshell, digital camera comes with software and USB cable(Kodak), load software as instructed pictures won't transfer from camera to computer. Uninstall software, re-install software, same thing. Install software onto different PC, everthing works fine. Details: Original PC is win98(mine is win Me) Play music cd's on original, sound bumpy(both cd-rom and burner), like there scratched. Play cd's on my pc sound fine. Question: could the kodak software be in conflict with windows media player?(I have the software on my pc and everything seems to work fine) Could it be the usb ports? Is there a way of checking that the usb ports are actually working? Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, homey2
have you tried checking in device manager, all the way to bottom Universal Serial Bus controllers. make sure no exclamation points, question marks appearing. then right click on Host Controller itself click properties, then driver, then driver details, make sure drivers are installed for the usb.
Hi Shelf Life, I checked in the device manager and there is no USB controllers. I think that may be the problem eh? Any ideas on how to get them on the system? I'll try reloading windows but other than that I don't have a glue..-)
Hi Shelf Life, I had a thought that maybe instead of starting at the end, I should start at the beginning. So I went into the bios at start up and checked to see if the usb drivers were disabled, and guess what? They were. End of story. Thanks very much for your help, it got me thinking in the right direction. Cheers, Homey2