Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Etrust Virus Alert Notification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:07 PM

Virus Alert Notification

Win32.Fizzer
Alias: W32.HLLW.Fizzer@mm (Symantec),
W32/Fizzer.gen@MM (McAfee),
Win32/Fizzer.Worm
Category: Win32
Type: Worm
Last Modified: 5/12/2003

The My-eTrust Technical Support team has received increased numbers of infections for the Win32.Fizzer worm and are advising clients to update their anti-virus protection immediately.

CHARACTERISTICS
Win32.Fizzer is a worm spreading via the e-mail system and KaZaa network. It can also serve as a backdoor server to allow unauthorized access to the infected system.

For more information about Win32.Fizzer worm click here.

To obtain the latest EZ Antivirus Signature files directly from your pc follow the easy steps below for your specific version number:

Product Versions 5.3 and 5.4 - Signature file Version 2461

Product Version 6.0 - Signature file Version 4614

Product Version 6.1 - Signature file Version 4614

For instructions on how to autodownload or download signature files manually click here

Unsure of your product version number?

To find your product version number, right click on the eTrust EZ Antivirus taskbar icon and select "About". Your product version number will be presented in a pop-up box on your screen.

Please remember that these signature file updates are cumulative: therefore the latest update includes everything from all previous updates as well as the new virus information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information on viruses, worms, and trojans can be found in our virus encyclopedia: http://www.my-eTrust...ts/encyclopedia and on our Virus Alerts page: http://www.my-eTrust...cts/virusalerts
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 12:36 AM

Virus Alert Notification Win32.Palyh.A Alias: I-Worm.Palyh (Kaspersky), W32.HLLW.Mankx@mm (Symantec), W32/Palyh@MM (McAfee), Win32/Palyh.A.Worm Category: Win32 Type: Worm Last Modified: 5/18/2003 The My-eTrust Technical Support team has received increased numbers of infections for the Win32.Palyh.A worm and are advising clients to update their anti-virus protection immediately. CHARACTERISTICS Win32.Palyh.A is a worm which spreads via e-mail using its own SMTP engine, and through shared drives. It arrives in a message with one of the following subjects: Re: My application Re: Movie Cool screensaver Screensaver Re: My details Your password Re: Approved (Ref: 3394-65467) Approved (Ref: 38446-263) Your details The attachment name may be one of the following: application.pif movie28.pif screen_doc.pif screen_temp.pif doc_details.pif password.pif approved.pif your_details.pif The only message body observed at this time contains simply: All information is in the attached file. The worm also spoofs the 'From' address. E-mail sent by the worm appears to be from the following address: "support@microsoft.com" For more information about Win32.Palyh.A worm click here. To obtain the latest EZ Antivirus Signature files directly from your pc follow the easy steps below for your specific version number: Product Versions 5.3 and 5.4 - Signature file Version 2465 Product Version 6.0 - Signature file Version 4625 Product Version 6.1 - Signature file Version 4625
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#3 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 06 June 2003 - 02:15 PM

W32.Bugbear.B@mm

This is one of the worst ones yet. You dont even have to open the attachment. Just clicking on the email will infect you.

Click here to see what Symantec sais to do.
Posted Image

#4 fred

fred

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:57 AM

McAfee Sting detects and removes Fizzer For Free!