This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Favadd And Hores Dropper

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Great Job :thumbup:

By the way. Grisoft has upgraded to Version 7. No more updates for V6. I suggest you go get the new version and after doing these instructions, do a full scan.


Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Click Start> My Computer, select the Tools menu and then Folder Options, after the new window appears select the View tab…]
This time select the: Restore Defaults
Select: Apply, and click OK




If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D
Hey Superman, thanks a million! Everything seems to be working fine. I've had system restore turned off since we started this, so I guess it's safe to turn it back on. I updated to AVG7 yesterday and got a clean scan :weee: I use spybot on a regular basis, and I have adaware installed, but not sure which files I should quarentine. Any advice :scratch: I have no firewall, but will get right on it. Thanks again for all the help :wavey:

I've had system restore turned off since we started this, so I guess it's safe to turn it back on

Yes, turn it on.

I have adaware installed, but not sure which files I should quarentine. Any advice 

After I reboot a couple times and all is well, I delete them.

Hey Superman, thanks a million!


Great job :thumbup:

You're more then welcome.
Glad we were able to help :wavey:
Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for e-mail)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI