Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cmdlineext02.dll Is This What I Think It Is?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Symmachy

Symmachy

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:08 AM

Hi! Hope this is the correct forum to start with. Recently, I was checking out Pest Patrol's online scan b4 purchase. (have not purchased) it's online scan came back with; cmdlineext02.dll as an unknown trojan and nothing else. Upon Goggling this, whatever you call it, I find that several people say that it is installed when one installs a game or some types of programs, and/or amazingly, store bought music. Copy protection! Though Spybot S&D and ADAWARE-SE Plus has not noticed it, this is still a type of spyware., in my opinion. Removing it doesn't work as it reinstalls upon reboot. I have thousands of music files all backed up by the cd or the tape or the old LP that I've bought over the years. Needless to say that the old analog music sources didn't plant this BS, but having to uninstall quite a few recent purchaces to find the culprit would be a real pain in the bumm! Only one game installed, Hitman 2, my sons play when they visit. I can't find any "calling home to the mothership" when checking the logs of NIS 2004 Pro. A friend also told me to disable the autorun feature of my optical drives. The thinking being that if I manually start a cd or game I can better control what gets installed. So, my questions are: Is this a type of copy protection installed in my system without my permission? note: I know that the music/entertainment industry is hiding behind the "use at own risk" clause, but there are privacy issuses involved here. Is it really a "unknown trojan" that can phone home? Is disabling the autorun feature a good idea? Thank you inadvance for any info you can provide. I been a fan of this forum for a long time. Thanks for taking the time. Symmachy
"fighting jointly against a common enemy."

Advertisements

Register to Remove