This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Windows Recycle Bin In Xp

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Can anyone tell me where the WINDOWS recycle bin is located? I have Webroot's Window Washer and when it attempts to empty the WINDOWS recycle bin it idicates over 1G of stuff in it, but can't empty it. I would like to empty it manually, if possible. My desktop recycle bin seems to be different since that I can empty at will. Thanks, Paul
Right click anywere on the desktop, click properties and under the desktop tab click to customize deaktop. Look and see if the recycle bin is shown anywere there and if so is it enabled. Also might look under themes and try "modified theme" in case that first suggestion dont work
Crow: I'm looking for the actual location of it on my C drive…the actual path to it. For instance: C>windows>?. Your suggestion is only to designate what icon gets used for it on the desktop. And like I said in my first post, the destop recycle bin seems to be different from the WINDOWS recycle bin. Thanks, Paul
C:\RECYCLER, but it's a hidden Protected Operating System folder. Open My Computer and click on Tools | Folder Options. Then open the View tab. UNCHECK 'Hide Protected Operating System Files'. Then open C:\ and you should be able to see C:\RECYCLER.