ian90
Topic Starter
This thing is driving me mad - apparently my PC is clean as far as adaware and spybot go but in realtiy it is plauged with this annoying hijacker: all search/homepage/deafault html is set to http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html at seemingly arbituary intervals whilst the computer is running. (Notified by Tea-Timer) Something in the background triggers it, but it's not coming up on taskmanager as I can verify all the programs there are clean.
It changes the URL prefix as well to a php? referrer at the same domain and I can't seem to shake it after a reboot. If left connected to the internet and when running internet explorer (Mozilla is fine) the computer downloads further advertising services (TIBS, Haxdoor-H, bundle.exe, winadserve.exe, admilli websiteviewer etc) and installs them - I can get rid of these guys but this thing seems to be a step above these. I can't trace the source or the trigger. Safe mode seems to be OK i.e. once I've reset everything with hijackthis everything stays the same after a reboot OK and using msconfig I can make sure that there are no dodgy things running on startup but I restart in normal mode it's back to the same old tricks.
ibs.exe runs on startup from the windows directory and triggers my default dial up connection, I have a feeling this is related to nowfind but I can get rid of that it's just this changing all the internet settings which is really bugging me.
This is the first day my computer has been connected to the internet… when this gets fixed it's back to using other people computers
Any ideas/help would be warmly received.
Running Windows 2003 Hotfixes 828741, 835732 IE 6 V6.0.379.0
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 23:06:12, on 28/12/2004
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 5.02.3790)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.3790.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Dfssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Netropa\Onscreen Display\OSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe
C:\Program Files\Programs\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,Search = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,Search = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
O1 - Hosts: auto.search.msn.com 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FFFFFEF0-5B30-21D4-945D-000000000000} - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\SDIEInt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HGTXPEI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\FirstReboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD] C:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Star Downloader - C:\Program Files\Star Downloader\sdie.htm
O13 - DefaultPrefix:
O13 - WWW Prefix:
O13 - Home Prefix:
O13 - Mosaic Prefix:
O13 - FTP Prefix:
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4C978474-EBC5-46D8-BAE3-0A3F9378BCC6}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O21 - SSODL: eplrr - {C23E07A0-045F-447D-A953-41EA36D72F46} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\eplrr3.dll
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
It changes the URL prefix as well to a php? referrer at the same domain and I can't seem to shake it after a reboot. If left connected to the internet and when running internet explorer (Mozilla is fine) the computer downloads further advertising services (TIBS, Haxdoor-H, bundle.exe, winadserve.exe, admilli websiteviewer etc) and installs them - I can get rid of these guys but this thing seems to be a step above these. I can't trace the source or the trigger. Safe mode seems to be OK i.e. once I've reset everything with hijackthis everything stays the same after a reboot OK and using msconfig I can make sure that there are no dodgy things running on startup but I restart in normal mode it's back to the same old tricks.
ibs.exe runs on startup from the windows directory and triggers my default dial up connection, I have a feeling this is related to nowfind but I can get rid of that it's just this changing all the internet settings which is really bugging me.
This is the first day my computer has been connected to the internet… when this gets fixed it's back to using other people computers
Running Windows 2003 Hotfixes 828741, 835732 IE 6 V6.0.379.0
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 23:06:12, on 28/12/2004
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 5.02.3790)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.3790.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Dfssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Netropa\Onscreen Display\OSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe
C:\Program Files\Programs\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,Search = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,Search = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.nowfind.net/009/index.html
O1 - Hosts: auto.search.msn.com 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FFFFFEF0-5B30-21D4-945D-000000000000} - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\SDIEInt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HGTXPEI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\FirstReboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SiSUSBRG] C:\WINDOWS\SiSUSBrg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD] C:\Program Files\Netropa\Multimedia Keyboard\MMKeybd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Star Downloader - C:\Program Files\Star Downloader\sdie.htm
O13 - DefaultPrefix:
O13 - WWW Prefix:
O13 - Home Prefix:
O13 - Mosaic Prefix:
O13 - FTP Prefix:
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4C978474-EBC5-46D8-BAE3-0A3F9378BCC6}: NameServer = 195.92.195.95 195.92.195.94
O21 - SSODL: eplrr - {C23E07A0-045F-447D-A953-41EA36D72F46} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\eplrr3.dll
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe