Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Removing Program(s)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 intarsia66

intarsia66

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:11 AM

I've been looking for video editing software and downloading any and all the free trial programs I could find. Now I can't remove one of them ( for the record it's one of Ulead's products). It didn't come with an uninstall so all I have is the entry in Add/Remove. Select it and try remove it goes to the Ulead install window which has an option to remove all but that does nothing. I can't find any help on the Ulead site and I'm going around in circles. What am I missing? Bob

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 24 November 2004 - 03:39 PM

is there an uninstaller in the ulead folder?

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 intarsia66

intarsia66

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 06:04 PM

There is no uninstaller in the Ulead folder. The Ulead site (under FAQ) recommends using the windows add/remove function. The entry for Ulead is there but when I click on remove it opens the Ulead install window which has three options, install all, selectively install and remove all components. When I click on the remove option it goes back to the windows add/remove frame and does nothing. To get any real help from Ulead it appears like you must be a registered owner of their software, which I'm not because I've only downloaded the free trial. I'm missing something and right now I can't figure out what it may be. Tired of going in circles.

#4 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:47 AM

hmm.. well.. have you tried to re-install it and then uninstall it? You might also check to see if the registry entries are still there. You might also look at FreshUI. Its a tweaking tool but it also has as one of its tweaks to take programs off the add/remove list. But first check the registry and see if the entries are still there.

#5 intarsia66

intarsia66

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:24 PM

I've tried to re-install but when the installer gets to the point where it enters the location for the files to be installed it says there's already an entry there select another location. I don't know about the registry entries that's not an area I'm familiar with and don't know exactly how to find things. I don't want to take any more of your time on my foolish debacle, I've found a phone number for Ulead and after the holiday I'll see if I can get an answer there. For what it's worth I wouldn't use Ulead software now if they gave it away!

#6 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 05:58 PM

I hear ya.. and your not taking up my time. I would much rather be here helping someone with a problem than I had any were else. If your not familiar with the registry then its probably a good idea not to do to much, if anything, to it. You can click on start/run/ type regedit and then in the menu on the left you would expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER then expand software and find any Ulead entries. Then go to the next one directly under CURRENT_USER to LOCAL_MACHINE, expand it then expand software again to find them.

#7 intarsia66

intarsia66

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

I can see registry entries for Ulead but don't really know what I'm looking at. If it would help I can try to figure out a way to get that info copied and posted here. I do thank you for taking the time to put up with my ignorance.

#8 intarsia66

intarsia66

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

Tried contacting Ulead on Friday and got a recorded message saying everyone was off for the day for training....some support!! I finally used Norton's Cleansweep, disabling the backup option, and removed everything that had the Ulead name. I then ran Registry Mechanic and cleaned out all the hits it found. So far I've seen no ill effects from the above steps but only time will tell. Thanks again for the help. :angry: