Thanks, Daemon. I just talked to someone at my office who was just now having the same problems. They updated their java runtime environment & can now get to the sites that were previously dropping. I'm going to install from the CD she gave me & then see what happens. It will probably be a few hours, though. I'll let you know the outcome.
I don't know why this made a difference, but i came home & installed the Java update from CD & now i can access everything.
I guess you can consider this closed.
Thanks so much for your help!!
YAY!
BH
To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link (Click for address)
The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI