Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

16 Bit Windows Subsystem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nolangrace

nolangrace

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 12:57 PM

I am receiving this error: 16 bit windows Subsystem C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate application. I get this error when trying to run most programs. All the programs I have been using on this computer up until about 3 weeks ago. Seems this message started when I was having hijack problems and download trojans. Do you have any suggestions ? Thanks :scratch:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:49 PM

Sounds like SP2 strikes again.. Could you give us the specs on your comp please? (CPU.. ram.. OS..etc) thanks :)

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Authentic Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:-

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:14 PM

Download and run XP_Fix.exe from here.
Derfram
~~~~~~

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Proud Member of ASAP
Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

#4 nolangrace

nolangrace

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:59 AM

Hope this helps: Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 2 Viscom Technology Group, Inc. V2 Premeir Intel Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.40 GHZ 348 MB RAM

#5 baskar1234

baskar1234

Malware Expert Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:29 AM

Hello

This might help

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;324767

Regards,
Baskar