Coyote_9
Topic Starter
Help!!!!!
I have a computer that seems to be infected with a Trojan.Startpage virus…. I have Symantec Anti-virus installed (which is how I found the problem) and have already run Spybot and AdAware… The problem is, I cannot delete the infected file (qrkohbqq.dll), no matter where I attempt it… The file seems to have come from: TGBRFV_.EXE, which I have removed…
Here is a copy of the HJT log file:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:55:08 PM, on 11/4/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vpc32.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis1.98.2\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://business.dellnet.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://a-search.biz?wmid=1010
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://69.50.179.61/search1/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = http://69.50.179.61/search1/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,SearchURL = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b;=n-ex
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dialeradmin.com/cgi-bin/err4.cg…00.1106&ci;=1-12
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=Userinit.exe,TGBRFV_
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows OLE Automation Server] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32aut.vbe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
I have a computer that seems to be infected with a Trojan.Startpage virus…. I have Symantec Anti-virus installed (which is how I found the problem) and have already run Spybot and AdAware… The problem is, I cannot delete the infected file (qrkohbqq.dll), no matter where I attempt it… The file seems to have come from: TGBRFV_.EXE, which I have removed…
Here is a copy of the HJT log file:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:55:08 PM, on 11/4/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\vpc32.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis1.98.2\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://business.dellnet.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://a-search.biz?wmid=1010
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://69.50.179.61/search1/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = http://69.50.179.61/search1/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://69.50.179.61/search1/se.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,SearchURL = http://s-redirect.com/?a=2&b;=n-ex
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dialeradmin.com/cgi-bin/err4.cg…00.1106&ci;=1-12
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=Userinit.exe,TGBRFV_
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows OLE Automation Server] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32aut.vbe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe