This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Newer Computer Runs Extremely Slow

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have a system in my office that I cannot seem to get to run right. I have a posting on the HJT log and have had some help and he recommended that I post on this log. http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…t=0&#entry84755

The system I am working with is a Dell, with XP and only a couple of years old. I have run through all the adaware, spybot, clean system, defrag, etc that I can think of.

Yet, When I click the start button, it slowly comes up, almost as if there is not enough memory. When I do the CTL+ALT+DEL, it takes 4-5 seconds for it to come up, if not longer and I can't see any memory hogs on it. My CPU usage is always low.

I would appreciate any advice!!!
Thanks!
Ninette
pskelly posted a reply to your log :) It looks clean to me as well. How long has it been since you emptied your temp files folder and defragged? (also I see you have SP2 installed.. has this problem occured before/after you updated to SP2)
Crow, I have defragged multiple times as well as cleaned out the temp files. The problem was there before SP2, so I can't blame it on that. We regularly go out and conduct update searches with Windows as well…. Thanks, N
Well I'm from PC pitstop and there we believe in quick online system tests which a link to can be posted so that all can see any possible problem areas.

Heres How to post a test. Share it with techexpress and post the link to the results back here.