Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Newer Computer Runs Extremely Slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ninette83

Ninette83

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:00 PM

I have a system in my office that I cannot seem to get to run right. I have a posting on the HJT log and have had some help and he recommended that I post on this log. http://forums.tomcoy...t=0

The system I am working with is a Dell, with XP and only a couple of years old. I have run through all the adaware, spybot, clean system, defrag, etc that I can think of.

Yet, When I click the start button, it slowly comes up, almost as if there is not enough memory. When I do the CTL+ALT+DEL, it takes 4-5 seconds for it to come up, if not longer and I can't see any memory hogs on it. My CPU usage is always low.

I would appreciate any advice!!!
Thanks!
Ninette

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:31 PM

pskelly posted a reply to your log :) It looks clean to me as well. How long has it been since you emptied your temp files folder and defragged? (also I see you have SP2 installed.. has this problem occured before/after you updated to SP2)

Edited by Crow, 26 October 2004 - 04:34 PM.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Ninette83

Ninette83

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:07 AM

Crow, I have defragged multiple times as well as cleaned out the temp files. The problem was there before SP2, so I can't blame it on that. We regularly go out and conduct update searches with Windows as well.... Thanks, N

#4 imheretohelp

imheretohelp

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:51 PM

Well I'm from PC pitstop and there we believe in quick online system tests which a link to can be posted so that all can see any possible problem areas.

Heres How to post a test. Share it with techexpress and post the link to the results back here.
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Question everything or shutup and be a victim of authority</span>

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>www.pchowtos.co.uk << My site
</span>