Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Dvd-rw Drive Ignoring Cds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 banjer51

banjer51

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:47 AM

Installed a Lite-On DVD-RW drive. Everything worked fine until just the other day. The only thing I can think of that changed is that I installed Norton SystemWorks Pro and WinXP SP2. Not sure if either of these caused the problem. The drive still reads DVDs fine. When I insert a CD, any kind, music, game, data, anything, it spins for a second like it's going to start the AutoRun, then it spins down and intermittently flashes the drive light for a few seconds. If I go into My Computer, it doesn't see the CD (the drive is there), no title and if I Open the CD, it shows no info, just like nothing is there. I've tried deleting it from the device manager and the PC always finds it and shows the correct model on reboot. HELP!!! I don't have a clue what to do next. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove