Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Formatting Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaveRichardson

DaveRichardson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

Please could someone help.....my daughters pc is playing up so bad, I think the only thing to do is to start afresh.....but she has no recovery disc.....could someone please let me know step by step how to format without the disc......I have a windows xp disc to boot from.....thank u.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Simplicity

Simplicity

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:09 AM

The XP install will format for you automatically. Just put the XP installation disc in your CD drive and reboot.

Edited by Simplicity, 17 October 2004 - 11:11 AM.

#3 our_will

our_will

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:50 AM

HI Dave Try this site too www.mirrors.org/archived_software/www.bootdisk.com/original.htm ourwilly

Edited by ourwilly, 17 October 2004 - 12:23 PM.

#4 Nick

Nick

Retired Staff

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 02:48 AM

Hopefully you have a [full install] XP disc and not an upgrade disc. If ot is an upgrade disc, you will need another older OS disc to prove eligibility to use the upgrade...
Posted Image