I have tried Spybot Search and destory (found nothing) and Spyware X-terminator (always running - I would like to leave this running) which caught the trojan and said it would be deleted on the next reboot, but it never is. I am sure there is a way to manually remove it, but I am NOT computer savy and don't want to mess anything up (work computer). Also, my computer has been running much slower lately (mostly on the internet) and my homepage changes to www.uchase.com on every start - even after I try to change it back (I didn't go into regedit though). Additionally, I have been getting a ton of pop-ups lately.
Can anyone please lend a hand? Basically, I just want to clean things up. Thanks a lot!
Here is my log.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 9:51:09 AM, on 9/16/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\defwatch.exe
C:\Program Files\NavNT\rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\STOMPS~1\SPYWAR~1\PPControl.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\STOMPS~1\SPYWAR~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\STOMPS~1\SPYWAR~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\icvbr254d.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\PMM\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.uchase.com/scan.php?ask=&a=1367
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.excite.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Spyware X-terminator Control Center] C:\PROGRA~1\STOMPS~1\SPYWAR~1\PPControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] C:\PROGRA~1\STOMPS~1\SPYWAR~1\PPMemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CookiePatrol] C:\PROGRA~1\STOMPS~1\SPYWAR~1\CookiePatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Remove at boot] C:\DeleteAtReboot.bat
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [icvbr254d.exe] "C:\WINDOWS\System32\icvbr254d.exe"
O4 - Startup: sync.bat
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B4D7803E-FCBF-4D1E-95AE-1F2CD7DAB72E} - (no file) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {0C3F7D74-ADA5-4976-8908-A8189590DAFA} (3DGreetings.com Player 2.0) - http://expressit.broderbund.com/Plugin/3DGreetings/vroom.CAB
O16 - DPF: {427273CC-764E-11D3-823D-006097F90453} (Pixami Image Editor Control) - http://www.imagestation.com/common/classes…ab?ver=1,1,0,30
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/23e290f6716076ffbf14/…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {CF1A5BDE-732F-49B7-AD1F-51010E37F9EB} (MSN Money Portfolio Manager) - http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v12/invinstl.exe
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://by7fd.bay7.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{86583147-AAE3-4131-A11E-36A2199B4135}: NameServer = 192.168.254.254
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ICMP860l.dll