This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Make sure you have the latest critical updates from windows update. For IE
SP2 is out. Won't fix the problem but it may keep hijackers out ;)

I'll get an error message that a program has 'performed an illegal operation then the desktop will go white and I'll be prompted to restore the Active Desktop. Any ideas?

Realy don't but if it happening all the time I can check with the pro's if you like.
Thjnx for the suggestion, the problem occurrs sporadically so I can live with it for now. someone suggested I disable the Active Desktop which I'll do if it becomes more bothersome. Thanx again for your help and concern. Bill Kelly
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI