Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Out On A Limb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sunnysmiles

sunnysmiles

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:40 AM

Befor I went on holiday my PC was clean, now it's not, every time I open a new web page I get a warning that a BHO is trying to change my settings. I can't access any Tom Coyote chatrooms, and I don't know why, and I'm not sure what to do next - help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:23 PM

This is what I suggest you do first.

Make sure you have the up-to-date versions of Spybot, Ad-Aware SE and HijackThis. All are free and available below.

Download Spybot, install and update. Then download Ad-aware, install, and update.

Spybot:
Install the program and launch it.
Go to Start > Programs >Spybot > Search & Destroy and choose Spybot S&D

Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
Click the button to "Search for Updates" and download and install the Updates.
Next click the button "Check for Problems"
When Spybot is complete, it will be showing "RED" (RED) entries "BLACK" entries and "GREEN" (GREEN) entries in the window
Put a check mark beside the RED (RED) entries ONLY.
Choose "Fix Selected Problems" and allow Spybot to fix the RED (RED) entries.

Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Before restart, Empty Recycle Bin.

Restart your computer.

Download HijackThis link in my signature below.
Save it to a permanent folder (I create a new folder in C:\ named HJT). Open and hit scan, then save log. Once it is saved it will open in notepad. Select all from the edit button, copy and paste the results here. Don't fix anything with it yet! Someone experienced with the logs will advise you.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom