This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

unable to downlaod attachments : "Failed - Virus scan failed"m

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

 

My wife told me about this issue on her laptop a few weeks ago, when it started to happpen for reasons unknown…
I've checked what I think is the obvious (no virus scanning software -I think!- windows security up-to-date ) and can't see what is preventing downloads…

 

The machine is an elderly Toshiba Satellite:

 

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.19044 Build 19044
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    LAPTOP-FBHF4U33
System Manufacturer    TOSHIBA
System Model    SATELLITE L50-C
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    PSKWNE
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    INSYDE Corp. 5.30, 25/03/2016
SMBIOS Version    2.7
Embedded Controller Version    5.10
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    FF50
BaseBoard Product    06F2
BaseBoard Version    Type2 - Board Version
Platform Role    Mobile
Secure Boot State    On
PCR7 Configuration    Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.19041.1806"
Username    LAPTOP-FBHF4U33\vjane
Time Zone    GMT Summer Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.92 GB
Available Physical Memory    3.73 GB
Total Virtual Memory    9.17 GB
Available Virtual Memory    4.38 GB
Page File Space    1.25 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection    Off
Virtualisation-based security    Not enabled
Device Encryption Support    Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware    Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

My knowledge of PCs and windows is quite basic,so any suggestions would be welcome.

I'll be checking here for messages every evening, so apologies in advance if my replies are slow, and I'm logged-in on the laptop itself in case more info/updates are needed.

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Bill

Apologies for the typos, that heading should read:

unable to download attachments : "Failed - Virus scan failed" message

But I don't think I can edit it

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI