This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

I don't know where to ask my questions.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Forgive me for appearing pitiful. I did look at the FAQ board. I know as much about computer stuff as a 2-year old knows about calculus. Anyway, where would I put a question about "This action can't be complete because the file is open in GUBootService." I'm trying to delete said file. thx :)

 

 

And I googled it and got three search results, and y'alls forums was one of the three result. It was a link to a forum page with some computer stuff completely foreign to me, but I thought "Well, at least it's a computer forum that's asking me to join. Maybe they can help", lol. So I joined and here I am. Thx

By chance, do you have Glary Startup Manager?

GUBootService refers to that program.
Open task manager, locate the process/file = then right click on that to end task.

Thx for the reply :)
Yes it's Glary cleanup. I'm trying to uninstall, delete, get rid of, etc it. I'll try what you have suggested.

= = =

SUCCESS! Sweet. Again, thx for the help.