This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

change discs to usable media like usb to use with smart tv

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an abundance of discs with family activities on them.

I was wondering if there is a cost effective way of putting all these discs on a USB for example and plugging it into the TV for many people to view comfortably. 

I have about 30 discs many with just a little bit on them.

I could get get a disc player and attach that to a smart tv, but would have to repeatedly have to change discs b/c as I said only a little is written to many of them. Years ago I started to make home movies so I did not maximize the disc. I did not close some of the discs.

I'm not sure I understand your question, Peter.

 

Obviously you could copy the files from the cd's to a thumb drive if that is what you want.

 

A CD holds something like 680Mb.  So you could copy the files from about 50 CD's on to a 32 Gb thumb drive.

 

If you are actually talking about a DVD, then they hold roughly 6 times what a CD does so you would only get about 8 on a 32Gb thumb drive.

I work the issue out Tom but thank you anyway for replying. It really was not that important and was only one instance.
Remember our troops.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI