This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Phising Site but no Malware Detected [Solved]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello and thanks,

 

I received a really well done phishing email (spoofing a client), it was a link in a mime attachment (71 KB). The link was either commandinsheetpop.com or commandinpopsheet.com. The site asked me for account logins/passwords at which point I realized it was a scam and bailed. 

 

I  updated and ran Windows Defender, with no detections, unplugged from the internet and ran again (nothing). Reset to a previous state on my PC and ran it again with no detections.

 

My PC is acting fine, I went though all the processes in task manager with nothing looking suspect.

 

I ran the site address through a couple of free online malware URL scanners, nothing.

 

Do I need to worry about this at all anymore? 

 

 

 

No.

 

If you want we can run a further scan on your machine, and I'll be happy to look it over, but from what you've said I'd be surprised if I find anything of any real consequence.

 

Anyway, if you do want me to check your machine, please do the following ….

 

  • If you have a 32 bit system Download FRST to your Desktop.
  • If you have a 64 bit system Download FRST64 to your Desktop.
  • If you don't know whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit, download both. Only one will run on your machine. That's the one to use.


  • Double click Frst.exe to launch it.
  • FRST will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press the Scan button.
    • When finished scanning 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Please post them in your next reply.


 

You're welcome.

 

In that case I'll close this topic

 

If you do get any problems, just open a new topic and we'll be happy to help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI