This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Deleting one linux operating system from dual boot linux setup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have both Zorin OS and Ubuntu OS set to dual boot on my PC.  However, I would like to keep Zorin and delete Ubuntu but how do I do that?  Can it be done without affecting the Zorin OS or do I have to re-install Zorin and choose to wipe the whole disk and only re-install Zorin?  Please advise.  

To remove a Linux OS from your computer, follow these steps:

 

1. Boot into the Linux distribution you want to keep.

2. Use a partition manager like GParted to delete the partitions associated with the Linux OS you wish to remove.

3. Update the bootloader configuration, typically GRUB, to remove the entry for the deleted Linux OS.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI