Windows 21H1, build - 19043. 1081
In services I have automatic, automatic delayed start, manual and disabled. Which should it be. I forgot default.
I read on the web it should be manual but also automatic delayed start.
6 min read
Windows 21H1, build - 19043. 1081
In services I have automatic, automatic delayed start, manual and disabled. Which should it be. I forgot default.
I read on the web it should be manual but also automatic delayed start.
Mine is set to Manual.
Thank you for replying. I used Macrium and a baseline clean install showed manual also. ![]()
I repaired Windows so it is a fresh default install. By default it was manual and stop.
Please avoid this prior info
Prior info incorrect
WU only runs when I click manually as far as the history shows.
I did a repair and it was one setting.
I did a trouble shoot of WU as it was not updating and it changed the setting from the repair re bits etc..
I ran SFC and it is ok.
Does the pc update and not show in history?
I don't see anywhere that says when WU runs, only when a specific update is applied.
What I mean is when I click check for updates, it does and if there is one it installs. I check history and historically, couple of years, it shows the definition update with a date when I updated it.
If I do not click to update, there is no definition update day after day. When a few days go by, I click on update and any updates are installed and I can see the definition update with the date I performed the task.
In other words, according to history updates are only working when I do so manually.
Oddly when I do a repair or install, then click the WU trouble shooter, it changes settings -that seems odd to me.
I found that Windows checks for updates every 17-22 hours. I was clicking on it manually not knowing this is not being done.
Even with this in mind, I wonder if a fresh install or windows update trouble shooter, which changes the install, is correct.
I tried to upload print screen of 128 KB as Word but no good.
It was of my definition history. Not exactly like yours but similar.
Save the image as a .jpg then upload it and post it.
First I tried saving to Word - no JPG.
I then used Paint and saved to JPG but would not upload.
I then took a photo and saved it to Gmail; downloaded to desktop. from desktop uploaded as JPG but it too failed.
I tried word as rtf but failed.
Cannot do JPG
I also tried snip and sketch
also tried snipping tool as JPG
Sorry please direct how to do this.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI