This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Acer Monitor won't display desktop or background pic

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

I have an Acer HA230 23" monitor that suddenly started just displaying the word "Acer" in green and it blinks. As it's blinking, it appears that the word actually becomes brighter.

I have a dual monitor system and my #1 monitor is an HP W2072a and it works fine. However when I go to the graphic card settings, it's not showing a working #2 monitor. I have them set to "continuation" but even the screen saver doesn't work on the 2nd monitor.

I have tried rebooting, turning the display on and off, unplugging it, and disabling it in the system but nothing seems to make it come back to display the desktop image. If I leave the monitors on but shut down the PC, I get the message that there is no feed to either monitor.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. I'm not sure if it's the monitor or the video card, which is an NVIDIA GE Force GTX 550 Ti. I'm not a gamer so it's not used for that. Seems it's getting power, just not a display feed from the PC. Checked all the connections and they are tight.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what the issue could be. Are there any diagnostics I can try to narrow down which piece of hardware could be faulty, or is it a hardware setting? Currently running Win8.1 Pro

 

TYIA…

 

Taz

The first and most conclusive test would normally be to swap the video ports around but this does not look so straightforward with your GPU, the Acer and HP specs say that both screens have a VGA port but there ends the similarity.

 

How have you got the GPU connected to the Acer screen.

Hi Phill…

 

Thanks for your response. My son and I did a few things to eliminate the vid card and cable and narrowed the issue down to the monitor itself. Tried it on another PC and it did the same. Went to BB and purchased a new LG 24" and took care of the issue. First time I had a monitor blow, but it was "long in the tooth" as they say.

 

Thanks again for your attention and response…:)

 

Taz

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI