I have an ASUS Pro Notebook, P2520LA-X00231G, MY2016 purchased Mar16, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4.00Gb RAM (Note: The Win10 update from v1909 to v2004 is being held because my sound system is Conexant SmartAudio HD; Microsoft say that installing the v2004 update will cause STOP, blue screen error)
When I try to start the application DJI Assistant 2.exe, I get a UAC error:
{
'This app has been blocked for your protection.
An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator.
DJI Assistant 2.exe
Publisher: Unknown
File origin: Hard drive on this computer
Program location: “C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\DJI Assistant 2.exe”'
}
I downloaded this program from the DJI official site in Feb2018 to use updating the firmware of my DJI drone. I can’t be sure, but while I only have the one local account (administrator) on this computer, my usually practice is to run the install programs “as administrator” and accept all the default locations and settings. I haven't had cause to run the program until now, so have not successfully used it before.
I got this UAC error when trying to run the program from its shortcut. I have tried going to the executable's location, right-clicking on it and selecting “run as administrator” but get the same UAC error.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can run this program.
I have thought of uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller (advanced mode to clean up) and downloading a fresh copy from DJI and installing that but expect, without solving why UAC is blocking me now, I would face the same issue.
I guess it is not SmartScreen that is blocking the file as there is no "Unblock" option under the "Advanced" button on the file's Properties | General tab (see snip attached).
I found the "App & browser control" in System settings and changed it from "Warn" to "Off". I then tried to run the program and run as administrator but both gave the same UAC blocking message. (I've attached a photo of the message as PrtSc doesn't capture it; quality is poor as I reduced it from the 4Mb original but readable.) I then restored the "App & browser control" setting to "Warn".
Thanks again, Ztruker; your searching skills obviously leave mine in the dust! It didn't occur to me to search for the affected software.
There seems to be a way forward in there from a quick skim. I'll try to absorb the options and let you know how I go.
I'm having to deal with getting data out of my car's Nav system as they don't provide any software process and I'm trading in on Monday, so I may not get this problem sorted for a few days now.
This isn't really helpful, but for what it is worth… I've read often of people having trouble with DJI assistant. Personally, I have never found a use for it. I just do all of my updates in the app.
Also please note that DJI assistant two has been discontinued. That might be an issue if you are using it on the older DJI goggles.
DJI assistant 2 for mavics is still current. That covers the mini's, MA2, Mavic 2 and the smart controller. DJI assistant 2 for Phantoms is also still available.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI