This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My PC is slow and unresponsive

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:wavey: Since retiring I use my PC much less than I did while working. Meaning, I use less programs, but possibly spend more time. When I attempt to open a program locally, (e.g., MS Money, MS Edge, etc.), it takes an inordinate amount of time to load.  And, while I am online, I spend most of my time researching family ancestry, and find that MS Edge is very slow, throwing up messages about the page not responding, and sometimes it barfs if I try to open more tabs and/or use PDF files locally.  :wall:

 

It has been several years since I've needed to ask for help, but I do hope that someone can untangle this mess.  :scratch:

I've attached the output from FRST including Addition,  Thanks in advance!

 

SusanT


Congratulations on retiring.

Is this a personal computer or a work furnished computer?
Many things can be adding to the recent slow down and sometimes depending on which browser your using can add speed to task your directing it in.
Myself I'm a Firefox user with only a few addons, suits my needs well and I've used ancestry researching in the past with Firefox and it did well.
 
Recently there were quite a few updates coming in through Microsoft that slowed me down for a day or two and my printer went on the blink because of it.
Also an Antivirus app can be updating bringing slowness in.
 
I can look over your logs and check for anything visible but your attachments didn't post.
 
If you can open the log files and just copy and paste both of them into your next reply we can start.

Hello Juliet,

 

Thanks for responding.  I believe that my computer slowed down because of a pending update.  I don't know why I wasn't notified, but when I decided just to reboot, I realized that it was updating.  It's at least usable now.  I would have deleted this request, but didn't see an easy way to do that, so it's okay with me if you close this.  Thanks again.

 

SusanT

Hello Juliet,

 

Thanks for responding.  I believe that my computer slowed down because of a pending update.  I don't know why I wasn't notified, but when I decided just to reboot, I realized that it was updating.  It's at least usable now.  I would have deleted this request, but didn't see an easy way to do that, so it's okay with me if you close this.  Thanks again.

 

SusanT

Mine did the same this month, then later tried to use my printer and it's not working. (Due to update)

 

Glad we could help. [external image: SakDYGv.gif]
Since this issue appears resolved … this Topic is closed.
 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI