When navigating computer or web pages, I have to double sometimes triple click links. Sometimes there is a lag between clicks and I end up in a unintended place. Hopefully this makes sense to somebody. Thanks in advance.
Farbar logs below.
8 min read
When navigating computer or web pages, I have to double sometimes triple click links. Sometimes there is a lag between clicks and I end up in a unintended place. Hopefully this makes sense to somebody. Thanks in advance.
Farbar logs below.
Hi and welcome,. sorry for the delay.
There is no active (seen) malware in the logs but we can run a couple of scans to see if anything is hidden.
I do want to mention you may have a bit much as in security apps on hereβ¦..can be a resources hog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
============================================
You may have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed but if not, you can download it from here:
Logs to include with the next post:
AdwCleaner log
Mbam.txt
Currently Kaspersky is the only security suite I'm running, could you elaborate on the other apps you're referring to. Thanks.
AV: Trend Micro Maximum Security (Disabled - Up to date) {AFEE279F-FAE7-BAEE-3A88-4BF7277B8551}
AV: Windows Defender (Disabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AV: Kaspersky Total Security (Enabled - Up to date) {0AB30972-4BAC-7BEE-CBCA-B8F9E68797D8}
AS: Windows Defender (Disabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AS: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware (Enabled - Up to date) {61FE6F34-F6E4-3642-CFEA-6AD93746FFEB}
FW: Kaspersky Total Security (Enabled) {32888857-01C3-7AB6-E095-11CC1854D0A3}
The above listed as enabled means they can both be running at the same time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What the scan found was preinstalled by the manufacturer, not a big issue.
Do you know if recently something you have on the computer as in security or app had an update?, is it possible you have URL protection on and enabled through a security app?
Let's see if we can run an online scanner to check for remnants.
Download ESET Online Scanner and save it to your desktop.
ββββ-
The only recent major event was my Kaspersky suite expired and renewed.
I ran ESET and nothing came up on the scan. I also disabled the McAfee remnants.
Date: 2020-08-24 18:00:40.5080000Z
Description:
Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume9\Windows\System32\svchost.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume9\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 20.0\x64\antimalware_provider.dll that did not meet the Windows signing level requirements.
There were several of the above listed in your event logs. I tried to research for this but I really had no luck.
Only thing I could think of was maybe registering at Kaspersky forum, https://community.kaspersky.com/ and asking what this might lead to?
I think it might have something to do with renewing your subscription but thats just a guess.
I don't really think there is any infection on the computer but rather your security app. It's doing what it's designed to do really in scanning urls first before allowing you entry.
What you might experiment on is rebooting and using the computer in between reboots to see if it might can straighten itself out a bit.
Use the computer for a couple of days and report back if something odd or out of the ordinary occurs.
Let me know if you would like to remove tools and quarantine folders.
It's funny you said that because when it was time for my Security Suite to renew it did so without any action from me. I usually buy a new renewal every year but when
when it was time for the reup it was already active. I'm not setup for auto renewal and my bank account did not reflect a charge. Seeing how I don't believe in
coincidences I was already leaning that way for an answer. It sounds like very likely.
I also will be removing all the previously installed tools we used.
P.S. Not to sound paranoid but should I be concerned with Karpersky, being a Russian owned company and all?
when it was time for my Security Suite to renew it did so without any action from me
Thats kinda odd, keep an eye on your credit cardβ¦..are you sure no notice was sent?
P.S. Not to sound paranoid but should I be concerned with Karpersky, being a Russian owned company and all?
I think your safe because Kaspersky has been around for years and I've known people in the security field who have used it personally. IF, something was going on in the background we would had heard about it and it would had stormed across the internet with the results.
I want to throw this out there, if you ever wanted to remove Kaspersky and download something different, free antivirus or use what was built into the windows system, Use the Kaspersky uninstall tool
https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-virus-removal-tool-76
https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/uninstall/12783
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
Use this tool to remove tools and quarantined items:
Please download KpRm by Kernel-panik and save to your Desktop.
Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Delete tools
- Delete now
[external image: automatic.png]
Thanks for the info and taking the time to advise me.
Your welcome.
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI