Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Apps freeze, trackpad freezes, other strange phenomenon. No explanatio

mac catalina virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Structure56

Structure56

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 07:17 AM

Apps freeze, trackpad freezes, other strange phenomenon. No explanation. There is a risk that a virus has been the reason for multiple external hard drive becoming newly corrupted on the partition maps, and mass data deletion. yet Norton shows a healthy computer. am i being duped?

using beautiful Macbook Pro mid-2015. purchased new, and taken perfect care of it. 2.2GHz Quad-Core i7 Processor, 16GB RAM, internal SSD.

the strange phenomenon has become really wild, including other phenomenon.

i formatted the computer and started fresh. that didn't work. i upgraded to Catalina. the phenomenon continued.

I've used Norton Security, and Norton shows the computer is healthy - even a remote session with a Norton representative found no viruses.

Apple store initial hardware check shows beautiful hardware health.

---> So I upped and bought a new hard drive.

The issues remain; intermittently slowed computer and apps freezing. This is concerning... who on earth is screwing with me? I have security software and a VPN. how is some loser ruining my life by screwing around with my Mac? some freak weirdo conspiracy? this is so unhealthy. i am a low-interest individual. there is no reason anyone would have interest in my data or setting back my typical livelihood operations.

im just a tenant at a criminal's house; the homeowner works for security clearance level programming contractors.

The other computers in this house have some viruses and no security software, even though they are being used for computer programming careers.

But I am here on a lease and have taken steps to protect myself, such as caring for my laptop, having Norton, and staying away from security compromises.

what the TECH is going on? this is outrageous. there is no software explanation or hardware explanation for strange malevolence on my $2,300 computer. is the wifi infected, and are viruses from this guy's computers traveling over the wifi and duping my Norton to wreak havoc on my computer and operations and hard drives?

at this point, this is getting a little out of hand. absolutely inappropriate.

what do i do?

cheers

--------------------------------------------------------

BC:

https://www.bleeping...n/#entry4925473

https://www.bleeping...no-explanation/

Edited by tashi, 26 December 2019 - 08:06 PM.
Two topics posted at BC

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:44 AM

Structure56,

Welcome to What the Tech!

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.  Unfortunately, we don't really have any experts here on Apple hardware on a regular basis.

I will say that I don't believe that your issue is malware related.  It appears you've already done a nuke and pave (reformat and reinstall) with no change.  That should rule out malware.

The good news is that it appears that you are receiving responses over at Bleeping Computer.

We wish you the best of luck.

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014