Hello maltdiz and welcome to the WTT forum.
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
- please follow all instructions in the order posted
- please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
- all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
- if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
- the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
- please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
Note: Please complete these tasks in the order given in the instructions.
Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
- run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan Now
- when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean and Repair
- if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
- on reboot, click on View Log File; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.
Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
You may have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed but if not, you can download it from here:
- run the program
- click on the ‘Dashboard’ to make sure everything is up to date, (it is not necessary to upgrade to the premium version of MBAM)
- click on the ‘Scan’ tab, (directly below the Dashboard tab)
- select the Threat Scan option
- slick the Scan Now button
- Threat Scan will begin
- when the scan has completed and if malware was found, click the Quarantine Selected button to allow MBAM to quarantine what was found
- if prompted to restart the computer, close all other programs and click Yes to restart your computer
- once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more
- click on the ‘Reports’ tab
- double-click on the most recent Scan Report
- click on Export, then Copy to Clipboard
Logs to include with the next post: