This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Keep getting pop up after pop up with ie closed. HELP [Closed]

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

i was using an online converter when the website asked if i wanted to turn of notifications for the site i mistakenly clicked yes and now pop ups come up never ending for advertisements based on my cookies. This happens as soon as I open the computer and happens even when internet explorer isn't open! anyway I can get this to stop I have a lot of files that I need to save from this computer. let me know and many thanks for assistance!

 

 

Hello maltdiz and welcome to the WTT forum.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:

  • please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
  • all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
  • if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
  • the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!

IMPORTANT:

Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested

===================================================

Note: Please complete these tasks in the order given in the instructions.

===================================================

Download and run AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

  • run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan Now
  • when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean and Repair
  • if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
  • on reboot, click on View Log File; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.

===================================================

Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

You may have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed but if not, you can download it from here:

  • run the program
  • click on the ‘Dashboard’ to make sure everything is up to date, (it is not necessary to upgrade to the premium version of MBAM)
  • click on the ‘Scan’ tab, (directly below the Dashboard tab)
  • select the Threat Scan option
  • slick the Scan Now button
  • Threat Scan will begin
  • when the scan has completed and if malware was found, click the Quarantine Selected button to allow MBAM to quarantine what was found
  • if prompted to restart the computer, close all other programs and click Yes to restart your computer
  • once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more
  • click on the ‘Reports’ tab
  • double-click on the most recent Scan Report
  • click on Export, then Copy to Clipboard

Logs to include with the next post:

AdwCleaner log
Mbam.txt


Thanks

Satchfan

 

Hi maltdiz

It has been 3 days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.

Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.

If I do not hear from you within 24 hours I'll close this topic.

Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI