Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Intermittent Wifi connection

Wifi connection intermittent

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

Hello again Rich

An update since my last posting.
I have at last installed a USB wifi adapter now working with my XP. It is a Realtek dual band 802.11ac now giving me a strong stable connection with speed up to 195 Mbps, a big improvement on my previous 54 Mbps with constant dropouts.
However this has had no effect on my email issues with Outlook 2003 which still will not receive but I think is sending ok.
I have just removed the entire account, rebooted, and set up the account again, still no change, it is not receiving. I have once again double checked all the settings and they appear to be correct as required and as successfully used before.
Currently I am emailing successfully in my outlook.com web account.
I attach an Outlook log viewer report which shows the details of a failed receiving event, if there is anyone who might be able to read anything useful from that.

So following this, I am again looking for help to resolve my Outlook 2003 emailing issue.
regards

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

There is a definite error:

ReportStatus: RSF_COMPLETED, hr = 0x800ccc0f

I'm looking at this article at the moment: How to fix error 0x800ccc0f in Outlook 2010/2013

6. Start MS Outlook in Safe mode
Outlook Safe mode launches the application with basic settings, that is, no add-ins are loaded. If a faulty add-in is the culprit, this fix will help you point that out. To start Outlook in Safe mode: 

• Open Run or type outlook.exe /safe in the Run dialog box
  • Click OK

Try the send / receive operation. If this also doesn’t work, quit Outlook and move to the next fix.

7. Use Inbox Repair Tool
If you’ve reached this fix, it means that none of the above mentioned methods worked. Thus, damage or corruption in your Outlook data file (in this case, the OST) might be the real cause behind this error. To fix minor issues with Outlook data files, Microsoft offers inbuilt inbox repair utility ScanOST.exe. Locate this utility on your system and launch it. Then follow the instructions that it gives to repair Outlook OST file.
This method works for all minor problems within the OST file, however, it fails to achieve its purpose if there is severe corruption within the OST.

8. Convert OST to PST

If the above method also doesn’t solve the problem, the most recommended solution would be to convert OST file to PST format and then import the converted PST in Outlook. The tool we’re recommending to repair Outlook OST file by converting it to PST is Stellar Converter for OST. This tool extracts all objects within the OST file without changing their original format and converts them to PST format accurately.

Once you can access your data through Outlook, save it. Then delete the OST file and connect to the Exchange Server. As soon as the connection is established, the OST will be recreated again. And since you’ve already recovered the data in the previous OST, you can be sure that no data has been lost.

Before doing any of this make sure you have a good image backup of you system or at least backup your OST file.

I'll continue to search for other fixes having to do with RSF_COMPLETED, hr = 0x800ccc0f error.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#18 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:29 PM

Another person fixed a similar problem this way:

I ended up downloading all my messages to a Thunderbird account and deleting them from the server. With no messages in my inbox, Outlook was able to resume logging in and downloading them. Not sure if there was a bad item or inbox corruption, because Outlook would still not work when only 5000 mesaages were left.

How many files do you show in your inbox when you login to your live.com account via a web browser? It may very well be a corrupted E-mail is causing the problem and outlook can't handle it.

You can either delete them from the browser login or setup Thunderbird (as the above did) and see if that can download them. Not sure what you would do with them once you downloaded them that way though or if it's possible to then import them into outlook.

Rich

#19 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:35 PM

Ok, I have removed about 70% of my .PST files (it had almost reached the storage limit for XP), compacted the remainder and then run Inbox Repair Tool and let it repair a few corrupt files. I do not have .OST files so could not try the conversion fix No 8.

Then I have deleted inbox messages in the Outlook.com web browser so as to remove any corrupt emails that might be blocking downloading in Outlook 2003.

None of this has fixed my Outlook 2003 receiving emails, but sending still appears to be working. So no fix yet.

regards

#20 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:14 PM

Can you attach another Outlook log viewer report?

Rich

#21 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:21 PM

Is your outlook part of Office 2003? If so, try uninstalling Office 2003 then reboot and reinstall Office 2003.

I would create an image backup of your boot disk to an external hard drive first so if something goes drastically wrong recovery is only 20-30 minutes away.

Got to ask, why are you still using XP? It's way, way past time to move up to Windows 10 and a newer version of Office.

Rich

#22 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

Hi

New Outlook Viewer log attached. Last log posted I did not include a test send email to get log of that action, but this time I have included this.

I am still using an older computer with XP and Outlook 2003 because it contains numerous Outlook Contacts databases which I send group emails and documents to using a small mailmerge software script. However I will not need to operate these databases after the end of this year so can then revert to using a modern Windows 10 operating system with it's corresponding version of Office/Outlook. So for the moment I want to keep this computer operating and have done so perfectly until this current glitch has affected sending\receiving emails. ( So yes there is a valid reason for still operating this older operating system....and it is still a very good system in my view, albiet that Ms no longer supports it! )

The Outlook is part of Office 2003 by the way.

Uninstalling and re-installing Office is not desireable for the above reasons as I would have to import/reconfigure all of the databases. Perhaps repairing Outlook 2003 might be an alternative, although this might also lose all of the database configurations too, I will investigate this. So idealy I would prefer to try to resolve the sending/receiving email problems if I can.

thanks.............Barry

Edited by BarryA, 22 January 2020 - 08:00 AM.

#23 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:20 PM

Attached File  OPMLog 20.1.20.txt   24.69KB   264 downloads

Edited by BarryA, 20 January 2020 - 01:21 PM.

#24 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 10:13 PM

Try this one: Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f

Also: Error code 0x800CCC0F is generated when sending mail from Microsoft Outlook

Also: Outlook reported error 0x800ccc0f – Top 6 reasons and solutions

What AV/Firewall are you using? Disable them temporarily, see if that makes a difference, especially firewall. Re-enable as soon as possible.

Edited by Ztruker, 21 January 2020 - 10:15 PM.

Rich

#25 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

Ok, that was some interesting stuff and I was optimistic that the answer might be in there.

However I have tried each of these and everything was correct. The one that resonates most is that the error message actually says that the connection to the server was temporarily disconnected, so the ping checks to verify that the connection to the server IP address and a positive response was gratifying to know that my connection is fine, but of course does not provide the solution. I am using Avast antivirus and the Windows firewall which is configured to allow the Outlook email ports. I have again temporarily disabled both but the problem still occurs.

Each of these potential solutions felt appropriate for a fix, but sadly were not.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

I'm stumped. Have you tried posting in a Microsoft Office™ forum?

Rich

#27 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Hi Rich

I thought I had replied to this, but it does not seem to be there?

Can I refer an entry in your MS Office forum to this topic entry so they will have all the background on what we have already covered? How do I do that?

regards......Barry

#28 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 06:46 PM

Sure. Go to the first post. You see #1 on the right side across from BarryA. Right click on the #1 and select Copy Link location or similar, depending on your Web browser. Which browser do you use?

Then you do to the MS Office forum, start a post and click on the link icon (see below) then paste the link you copied into the URL area.

LinkIcon.jpg

Rich

#29 BarryA

BarryA

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

Rich

I have reposted my topic in the MsOffice Forum as you suggested and am waiting for replies.

Meantime I would like to thank you sincerely for the help you have given me in attempting to resolve my email issue and indeed in getting me a new strong wifi adapter, which by the way is giving me a regular 195 -260 Mb connection speed ( compared to a previous <56 Mb/ dropping out ). I am very happy with that at a mere £5.95 cost on ebay. You have persisted in trying to find an email solution for which I am gratefull. If someone in the other forum finds a solution I would like to advise you of it, it is always a learning curve so I am sure you would be interested.

Kind regards..........Barry

#30 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

I don't see any post in the office forum by you, BarryA,. Are you sure that's where you put it?

Edited by Ztruker, 06 February 2020 - 08:31 PM.

Rich