I'm trying to remove a "cast" to device in YouTube. I've fully cleared my Google Chrome cache, but the old device is still showing up. Please see the photo - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qfoMiTtn7OawVsIofFAZCvBj6ze0a9Qx. When I click "Play on TV" on YouTube, the "cast to" device that pops up is "RL living room." I believe that's my old Apple TV that I no longer own.
My new Apple TV is named "living room," and it does show up in the cast to list when I turn on the new Apple TV, but I'd like like to remove the old device "RL living room" from the options.
The only solution I've found is advice on Reddit that advises clearing the cache (e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/8tb6qk/how_to_remove_device_from_cast_list/). I've cleared the Google Chrome cache. That didn't work. Is there a different cache that I need to clear?
Thanks so much. I did reboot after clearing the cache.
I tried your Google Support link. The instructions are flawed – When I follow the steps to "remove devices linked with TV code" on my iPhone, I see "Link" but not "Delete."
The screen shot if of my iPhone. On my laptop, the old device does not show up on the Google "remove devices linked with TV code" page, but it shows up on YouTube.
The problems occurs on BOTH my iPhone and my HP laptop. Both the iPhone and the laptop have "cast to RL living room" on YouTube, but "RL living room" is no longer a device I own so I want to remove/delete that option. On my laptop, the old device does not show up on the Google "remove devices linked with TV code" page, but it shows up on YouTube. When you posted directions for Google's "remove devices linked with TV code," the mobile version of the directions looked more promising than the laptop version. I'm happy to explain on a Skype, as it's hard to explain in a sentence.
I've found other people complaining in forums about this exact same problem who, like me, cannot solve it.
Sorry. As I said I don't use YouTube in that way. In fact I don't really use YouTube much at all. Hopefully someone else will come along with a solution for you. If you find it on your own elsewhere, please come back and post your solution here.
Hello everyone, I used to pair my phone with the screen on my company Apknite on Youtube. After that, whenever I tried to connect my phone to a TV screen at home, it failed because it always tries to connect to the old monitor at my company. What should I do? Should I reset all settings on my phone?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI