Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93093 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Remove old device from YouTube "Play on TV" Cast

youtube youtube cast youtube play on tv apple tv

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rlee_la

rlee_la

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:58 PM

Hello, 

I'm trying to remove a "cast" to device in YouTube.  I've fully cleared my Google Chrome cache, but the old device is still showing up.  Please see the photo - https://drive.google...FAZCvBj6ze0a9Qx.  When I click "Play on TV" on YouTube, the "cast to" device that pops up is "RL living room."  I believe that's my old Apple TV that I no longer own.

My new Apple TV is named "living room," and it does show up in the cast to list when I turn on the new Apple TV, but I'd like like to remove the old device "RL living room" from the options.

The only solution I've found is advice on Reddit that advises clearing the cache (e.g. https://www.reddit.c...from_cast_list/).  I've cleared the Google Chrome cache.  That didn't work.  Is there a different cache that I need to clear?

Thanks so much for your help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Digerati

Digerati

Built, broke, fixed, learned.

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:02 AM

I note that reddit link also says to reboot. Did you reboot after clearing the cache?

I also found this: https://support.goog...51?hl=en&dark=0

Scroll down to the section on Remove devices...

kIbxonF.gif Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
fl3leAE.gif Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

#3 rlee_la

rlee_la

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

Hi Digerati,

Thanks so much.  I did reboot after clearing the cache.

I tried your Google Support link.  The instructions are flawed -- When I follow the steps to "remove devices linked with TV code" on my iPhone, I see "Link" but not "Delete."  

Here's a screenshot.  https://drive.google...JR4XD_j7zcFuu-5

Thank you.

#4 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:55 PM

I'm at a loss as I don't use YouTube in that way. What device is that screen shot of?

Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#5 rlee_la

rlee_la

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:30 PM

Hi Digerati,

The screen shot if of my iPhone.  On my laptop, the old device does not show up on the Google "remove devices linked with TV code" page, but it shows up on YouTube.

Thanks for trying to help.

#6 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

I did not realize this problem was with your phone. I have moved this topic to the Mobile Apps forum. Hopefully some one there can help.

• xuamtdow likes this
Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#7 rlee_la

rlee_la

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:04 AM

Hi Digerati, 

The problems occurs on BOTH my iPhone and my HP laptop.  Both the iPhone and the laptop have "cast to RL living room" on YouTube, but "RL living room" is no longer a device I own so I want to remove/delete that option.  On my laptop, the old device does not show up on the Google "remove devices linked with TV code" page, but it shows up on YouTube.  When you posted directions for Google's "remove devices linked with TV code," the mobile version of the directions looked more promising than the laptop version.  I'm happy to explain on a Skype, as it's hard to explain in a sentence.

I've found other people complaining in forums about this exact same problem who, like me, cannot solve it.

#8 Digerati

Digerati

• Tech Team
  • 3,717 posts
  • MVP

Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

Sorry. As I said I don't use YouTube in that way. In fact I don't really use YouTube much at all. Hopefully someone else will come along with a solution for you. If you find it on your own elsewhere, please come back and post your solution here. 

Freedom is NOT Free!

─────────────────────

#9 studying

studying

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:47 AM

Hello everyone, I used to pair my phone with the screen on my company Apknite on Youtube. After that, whenever I tried to connect my phone to a TV screen at home, it failed because it always tries to connect to the old monitor at my company. What should I do? Should I reset all settings on my phone?