Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Win 10 Drivers

Best Answer wesi , 16 September 2019 - 01:49 AM

Thanks to     Gtruker     The issue is resolved. Thank you. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wesi

wesi

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

I have  Lenovo  K450. Using  win7 ultimate.

I want to install Win 10. Downloaded from microsoft have Key etc but no Driver disk for Win10.

I will need a LAN driver to connect to internet.

Question :   Does  Win 10 come with generic driver that will connect internet?

Alert: I went to Lenovo to download Win10 drivers in advance but it declared my pc not fit for Win 10 and

refused to provide drivers.

This pure  bs, because this very pc I had upgraded from win7 to win 10  and had no problems.

I reverted to win7 after the  serious problems with  v.1803.Over a year ago this forum has my posts about it.

How do I get Win 10 drivers before installation ?

Please  help.

Edited by wesi, 11 September 2019 - 12:42 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 wesi

wesi

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

I went to Realtek site. They offer one and only one Win10  Lan driver.I downloaded it.

Realtek PCIe GBE Familly Controller win10 auto installation Program Lan driver.

Question:  Will this work?

Edited by wesi, 12 September 2019 - 08:17 AM.

#3 wesi

wesi

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:28 AM

Someone Please help.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

I also have a Lenovo K450. You won't need anything. The drivers in Win 10 will work fine.

Before you do anything, make sure you have a good image backup of your hard drive. I recommend using Macrium Reflect free or premium to an external hard drive. If you don't have an external hard drive, now is an excellent tiome to get one. A 1TB external hard drive can be picked up for $50 (I have a Toshiba Canvio 1TB I use).

Start here: Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

You want the May 2019 version. That will get you the latest ISO. Make a bootable USB flash drive from the ISO. I recommend doing it manually rather than using a program like Rufus, as the USB will work for UEFI or BIOS systems. Looks complicated but is actually very simple, just follow the steps exactly as written.

Here is a manual (non-Rufus) procedure originally posted by @NavyLCDR that I recorded and saved (with slight modifications). I've used it many times now and it works under all boot conditions, UEFI/GPT/MBR or CSM/MBR.

1. Download and save the Windows 10 ISO file you need to your hard drive.
2. Insert the USB flash drive.
3. Open a Administrator Command Prompt. It will say Administrator Command Prompt in the Title bar. Enter the following commands:
4. diskpart
5. list disk
6. select disk # <- replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
7. clean <- this will erase the disk selected above, make sure you selected the USB flash drive!
7a. If the flash drive shows as GPT then you need to convert it to MBR: convert mbr
8. create part pri
8a. sel part 1
9. format fs=fat32 quick
9a. assign
10. active
11. exit
12. exit - and if the first Command Prompt was not an Administrator Command Prompt, exit that one too.
13. Mount the ISO you downloaded. If you are using Windows 8 or 10, you only have to right click on it and click on mount. If you are using Windows 7, then you must use a program like WinCDEmu to mount the ISO file:
WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more...
14. Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

15. Eject the mounted ISO.

That's as simple as it gets. Between steps 7 and 8 you can enter: "select part 1" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.

Here is more info from NavyLCDR on why this is the best way to do this:

Insert the USB flash drive and run setup from it to start the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. You will not need a installation key. The windows 7 key will be used to active Windows 10 and a digital license will then be stored on Microsofts servers for future use.

Edited by Ztruker, 15 September 2019 - 10:31 AM.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 wesi

wesi

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:49 AM   Best Answer

Thanks to     Gtruker     The issue is resolved. Thank you.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:12 PM

Good to hear. Take care.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown