This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't log into home wifi after upgrading xfinity modem

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I upgraded to the nwere xfinity X-1 service yesterday.  Most all of the devices are able to log into the home wifi, except two one is a apple 5 iphone and another is a ~2011 lap running W 7.

The device Wi-Fi cards  both recognize the new modem, but neither will accept/recognize the password.  Any suggestions as to how to enable these devices to log on?

Thanks

Terry

 

ETA:

Both devices were able to connect prior to my upgrade of the modem/system.

I would delete that network from those devices and start over with discovery making sure you enter the correct passphrase.

Attempted the rick click and all that was available was "connect"  I even hit the delete key after the right click but no deletion could be attained.

One your windows 7 laptop…

Click on Start Button

Click on Control Panel

Click on Network and Sharing Center

Click on Manage Wireless Networks

Right click on the network in question and then click on Remove network

 

I suspect that something similar is required on the Iphone. but I have no idea what the specifics would be.  Perhaps this will help: https://www.imore.com/how-forget-wi-fi-network-your-iphone-and-ipad

 

Yes I did all that and the current WIFI name is not listed.  The current one is identified in the little WIFI strength of signal, but all the right click options are connect.  I

did a refresh to attempt to see the current WIFI in the manage wireless networks, but it(current WIFI name) still doesn't display, the old one from the day before, the one he was able to connect with is listed.

Go figure that one.

I had a technician come out and troubleshoot this and a couple of other issues with the new installation.  

Interesting research that the TV has two seperate band widths a 2.5 G and a 4 G.  The password on each was not the same, and the problem with the phone and lap which were in closer proximity to the TV had the wrong password.  I'm not understanding why the devices were not connecting to the 4 G, but once the error was detected and the password changed, all is well.  Case closed.

Thanks for the input.

Did you mean 2.4GHz and 5GHz? Those are the standard wifi frequency "bands" in use today.

 

Also, for future reference, to access a wireless network with your wireless devices, you need a "passphrase". This is different from a "password". The password is used to access the admin menu of your router/modem. In that menu, you can set the passphrase. Clear as mud, huh? ;)

 

In any event, I am glad you got it sorted out and thanks for posting your folloup.

No clue for your phone. For you notebook, I think you can just right click on the network and hit delete.

Agreed! I did the same and it worked for me

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI