This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Uninstalling/Reinstalling Office 2016

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A while back I was having issues with my Office 2016 so I tried to uninstall it. Something must have went wrong because afterwards I kept getting error messages about Outlook and no default mail client. When I try to run the Office installer it will show the getting things ready box and then it disappears and nothing else happens. I ran the Uninstall tool from https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8 which runs successfully and says it removed Office, but I continue to get the Outlook error message and still can't reinstall Office 2016. Thanks for any help!

Hi decipherfreak,

 

Sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with MSO office.

 

Can you tell us exactly what happened please when you followed the directions here;

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manually-uninstall-office-4e2904ea-25c8-4544-99ee-17696bb3027b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

and then restarted your machine?

 

Hi VuduMaster and welcome to our forums, please start your own topic as we can only deal in this topic here with the issues concerning decipherfreak and his uninstall issues. If we tried to provide answers to both problems in the same topic I fear that the topic here would become a tad messy!

Regards

paws

Sorry for the late reply, I hope I can still get some help. I went through the manual uninstall instructions in the link and restarted my computer. I still get the popup that says

"Microsoft Office Outlook

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I think opening my Chrome browser is what triggers the message to pop up.

 

Hi decipherfreak,

 

Sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with MSO office.

 

Can you tell us exactly what happened please when you followed the directions here;

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/manually-uninstall-office-4e2904ea-25c8-4544-99ee-17696bb3027b?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

and then restarted your machine?

 

Hi VuduMaster and welcome to our forums, please start your own topic as we can only deal in this topic here with the issues concerning decipherfreak and his uninstall issues. If we tried to provide answers to both problems in the same topic I fear that the topic here would become a tad messy!

Regards

paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI